!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Wookery  (Read 154680 times)

Offline wookie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24741
    • Facebook
    • Awards
Re: Wookery
« Reply #1440 on: November 17, 2017, 09:47:49 pm »
Mine's been in the box for two years, so is fantastic to be able to run it now!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:50:55 pm by wookie »

Offline wookie

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #1441 on: November 28, 2017, 05:04:05 pm »

What do you think chaps?
I studied an embankment where we take the dog for a walk to get an idea of proportion.
Unfortunately I couldn't spare the space to have it fully to scale along it's full length as I want to fit a LOT of buildings in....
The area in the foreground is more or less right, but the sides get steeper as it goes along.
It gives a great sense of perspective viewed from this angle, and I figure most people spectating will stand at the centre of the layout.
The mound in the foreground is where the castle will stand, right at the front of the layout.
Loads more to do to the embankment at a later date by way of undergrowth and trees etc, but I'm pleased with this first covering of grass paper.
Next job is to build the road underpass bridge and fit, the one there is just a quick mock-up.
Then I need to fit point motors to the ends of the fiddle yard - dashing from end to end to change them by hand is getting a drag!

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #1442 on: November 28, 2017, 05:11:07 pm »
I think it looks really good. Ok ,maybe the embankment is a little steep but from normal viewing position it will, I think, look fine.
We often have to make small compromises in N scale modelling in order to fit everything in. I think this will work well.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline wookie

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #1443 on: December 01, 2017, 08:12:29 pm »
I couldn't resist doing a little scenic work on one of the new boards....

I painted the resin vegetable plots at least a year ago in readiness for this area, and they have been packed away awaiting their planting as it were.
The "house" is an old GF Poole GWR coach given a splosh of paint, some curtains and some stovepipe chimneys.
The grass area to the front will be the site of a pigsty and some other animal enclosures, plus possibly a polytunnel or greenhouse.
The smallholder's children will by the fence at the front, waving to the trains a la "Railway Children"

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything