!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Hills and meadows - last addition to the layout  (Read 87762 times)

Offline Maurits71

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23800
    • Awards
Re: Hills and meadows - and there was light
« Reply #720 on: March 18, 2018, 07:29:21 pm »
Evening all.

Finally able to finish this little project, thought it was an easy one but turned out to be rather complicated.

It's removable if needed.

Next stop is to start the branch line above the main helix ;)
Hills and Meadows on social media

For Hills and Meadows video channel please click here

For Hills and Meadows on facebook please click here

Offline ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Hills and meadows - and there was light
« Reply #721 on: March 18, 2018, 08:32:30 pm »
Very nice!   Reminds me of the model of the Stuttgart TV tower that NCI's Stefan Wörner has made. (It's been at TINGS as part of their modular system).

https://youtu.be/O90v4-eK_HU?t=141
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Maurits71

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23800
    • Awards
Re: Hills and meadows - last addition to the layout
« Reply #722 on: June 17, 2018, 06:36:43 pm »
Happy Sunday and Fathers day, apologies for the lack of updates. I have been busy with work and all sorts of other things so there was little time left for the layout.

Despite the lack of time I have done quit a bit but mostly not visible, have looked if I could use Itrain to run my layout, the answer is yes but I needed to change so many things that I stay to the current software which to be honest is still miles ahead of Itrain. have started to do some more scenery and last week finally found the mojo :) to start with the last bit of the layout.

Overt he last year I had various thoughts what I was going to build on this side. A big TMD was the original plan, a quarry was another but have now decided to have another station, one which looks a bit like Tormouth, although I keep it as a single branche line, the sea wall will be a bit like Dawlish and there's a 2 track reverse loop.

Picture shows the reverse loop, if my calculations are correct the inner loop is 240 cm long

and part of the visible bit.

Scenery wise as it's like the Dawlish/ Teighmouth area hills, a few big rocks and tunnels  ;)
Hills and Meadows on social media

For Hills and Meadows video channel please click here

For Hills and Meadows on facebook please click here

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #723 on: June 17, 2018, 07:08:03 pm »
Many thanks for the update. Another station, one which looks a bit like Tormouth (one of my favourite layouts), although on a single-track branch line with a seawall section, a bit like Dawlish, sounds great. I look forward to seeing it take shape.

Offline wookie

• N Gauge Society Number: 24741
    • Awards
« Reply #724 on: June 18, 2018, 10:04:02 pm »
Those levels are bewildering!  :confused1:

Offline Black Sheep

• Awards
« Reply #725 on: June 19, 2018, 02:45:38 pm »
Just caught up with this project again, the scrubland with the tower on it looks brilliant,

Quick question I wanted to ask if I may, how wide do you usually create your twin track supporting sections and single line supporting sections?
Been trying to work out how wide mine need to be so that nothing catches on each other and on the retaining wall tops

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here