Spoilt this birthday

Started by 1936ace, June 01, 2013, 01:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Hi all,

Got to have a sleep in(nothing better after night shift) and have really been looked after in the present stakes this year.
The wife and kids got me a Dremel cordless tool with all the attachments.
She always says I'm hard to buy for, I'm not; tools or toys they are all good!
Anyway off to play trains before soccer and after that I think I might take to my 5 inch gauge loco with the Dremel to install the new volt meters
Cheers bart

Sprintex

Sounds like a result then :thumbsup:
Quote from: 1936ace on June 01, 2013, 01:06:09 AM
She always says I'm hard to buy for, I'm not; tools or toys they are all good!

Exactly! As James May said in his programme on model trains, "anything with 'Age 8 upwards' on the box will be fine" ;)

I think a lot of women are difficult to buy for because it's usually got to be a certain brand of perfume, make-up, bags, etc or gawd help ya! ::)

With my misses it's easy - anything My Little Pony, Pelicans or Ford Sierra related does the job  ;D

Paul

Skyline2uk

:laughabovepost:

Agree with the sentiments of the above completely, but for my lady its Mini's (original, NOT the BMW "BIG" version), Tea and a variety of fluffy animals.

Only problem with me is a recent statement "I'm not getting you anymore toys"  :(

Skyline2uk

Sprintex

Blimey, your misses would be welcome round here. We practically live on tea (got nearly 1,000 teabags "in stock" as I type, can't be running out ya know ;) ) and I used to rally a PROPER Mini in my late teens and have lots of models of them :D

Paul

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Sprintex on June 02, 2013, 12:10:49 AM
Blimey, your misses would be welcome round here. We practically live on tea (got nearly 1,000 teabags "in stock" as I type, can't be running out ya know ;) )

Enough tea to make tea wine
:beers:
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

thebrighton

Quote from: Skyline2uk on June 01, 2013, 11:06:29 PM
:laughabovepost:

Agree with the sentiments of the above completely, but for my lady its Mini's (original, NOT the BMW "BIG" version),

Greetings,
I got back from the AGM this morning and when joining the M23 at around 9am I was swamped by hundreds of original Minis on the London - Brighton Mini Rally. There were a few German imposters too but they just go to show how 'mini' the original was compared with the later monsters.
Gareth

Sprintex

Took part in that a couple of times, great atmosphere and surprising the amount of people that come out of their houses through South London to wave at the drivers :)

Quote from: EtchedPixels on June 02, 2013, 12:44:59 PM
Quote from: Sprintex on June 02, 2013, 12:10:49 AM
Blimey, your misses would be welcome round here. We practically live on tea (got nearly 1,000 teabags "in stock" as I type, can't be running out ya know ;) )

Enough tea to make tea wine
:beers:

Tea wine eh? Do tell more! :drool:

Paul

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Sprintex on June 02, 2013, 02:13:44 PM
Tea wine eh? Do tell more! :drool:

Paul

If you save up all your old teabags you can make wine from them. Basically its "all your old teabags, water, a bag of sugar, some raisins, yeast, and lemon"

Something like
http://users.aber.ac.uk/auj/kitchen/tea.cgi

but that uses new bags, whereas the version I encountered used a load more of the used bags which were all saved then boiled up again in a big bucket of hot water.

Then the hard bit - you need to leave it about a 3-12 months to get a decent result..

Be warned some people get quite carried away and have recipes that are things like "3 darjeeling, 2 english breakfast tea" etc 8). Some folks also mix in a few fruit teas.

Alan

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Skyline2uk

QuoteGreetings,
I got back from the AGM this morning and when joining the M23 at around 9am I was swamped by hundreds of original Minis on the London - Brighton Mini Rally. There were a few German imposters too but they just go to show how 'mini' the original was compared with the later monsters.
Gareth

We really should take part in that one day. My lady got her mini when we found it at a car show, been talking about showing "Poppy" (as she is named!) again :D.....

And to keep my mate Sprintex on side, here is a photo of my baby on the day I bought her home....

Can't get her this shiny now  :(

How do car dealers do that?!

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations