1st n gauge model

Started by matt-b, June 15, 2011, 11:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt-b

mine was the old farish 158 in regional railways. it was my pride and joy.

:NGaugeForum:

findus

Class 08 EWS still running strong  ;D

Looks old now compared to the new model.  :-\

OwL

Minitrix flying scotsman in LNER apple green. still King of my collection.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Claude Dreyfus

My first models were a blue/grey class 101 DMU and an I/C Executive HST set...Christmas 1986. The 101 has long since died, but the HST (which took about 15 years to assemble to correct number of carriages) still runs every now and then.

The first model I bought with my own money - christmas/birthday money - was two years later at the Witley exhibition. A little Farish NCB liveried saddle tank. I still have it, and still occasionally run it.

porkie

my first loco was a blue class 25 with a rake of mintrix mk1 coaches back in 1995.

Cost me £40 in the local free ads
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

poliss

First N gauge. Peco NR-4e, LNER bolster No.231331. I did have a couple of Lone Star OOO models back in 1963.

Geoff

My first n gauge model was the Graham Farish Royal Mail train set, and I fell out with it as soon as I had bought it, the train would not go correctly and I got frustrated with it because of the size, I then sold it and went up to 00, N gauge now has a good feel to it and I enjoy modelling in this smaller size.

Yes size does matter.
Geoff

longbridge

My first N Gauge loco was a Bachmann 4-8-4 steam loco purchased in 1985
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

SymonC

My first loco was a Lima Class 31 Diesel in BR Blue which I bought in a set in 1978. It never did run that well!

In 1980 though I was given, as a present, a Minitrix "Sir Nigel Gresley" in LNER blue which is still running problem free to this day so I class this as my first proper loco!

port perran

GW 57XX pannier. Lovely loco.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Farish item 1105 - 0-6-0PT number 9401. Bought it at a time when I was thinking of a small branch line layout but have now got too ambitious, hence all my other purchases. Still a good runner and will now be used as station pilot.

tadpole

Mine was a Farish cl.101 Met-Cam DMU in blue livery, bought in Beatties in Aylesbury. Still have it today.

The very next day, I boxed up all my OO stuff, folded the seats down in my Mini Metro and squeezed it all in, and drove to Cheltenham Model centre where I traded in the whole lot for N-guage. On the return journey, my new N-gauge stuff sat comfortably on the passenger seat.

So the Met-Cam was first, but only by 24 hours or so.
Two rails good. Three better.

Tank

My first loco was a secondhand Lima Diesel - Centre Cab Bo-Bo BR blue livery (based on a German design but looking similar to the British Class 17). BR logo "D8915".

It was a terrible runner, and something I stripped down regularly as a 13 year old.  I had an awful mix of track too.  Just enough to make a small circle, and a set of points that derailed everything each time.   :D

The first loco I bought new was a GF Class 08 in Railfreight livery in about 1995.

AndyGif

My first N gauge loco from when i first dabled in N as a teenager was the Lima Brush 2 set, lookin back the thing was hideous.
I found it again, when i finally moving the last of my stuff from my parents, in the back of draw where it had lain for 10+years. I sold it on ebay for the grand sum of 99p!!!

nf3996

I had a Lone Star 000 goods set in the late 1960s, but my first genuine N gauge model was a Wrenn/Lima (I can't remember which) BR 2-6-4T Standard. I also remember trying to trade in my 000 stuff at my local model shop (Pages of Barkingside - now long gone) for N gauge stock, but they weren't interested.

Alan

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations