Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: RailGooner on December 10, 2017, 11:31:37 AM
Woke this morning - hey, it is still, just, morning - to find a foot of snow outside! :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry:

I see you've offset this by posting the same in the 'Happy Thread' but with different smilies :D
Not a single flake up here :'(

RailGooner

Quote from: newportnobby on December 10, 2017, 02:51:44 PM
Quote from: RailGooner on December 10, 2017, 11:31:37 AM
Woke this morning - hey, it is still, just, morning - to find a foot of snow outside! :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry:

I see you've offset this by posting the same in the 'Happy Thread' but with different smilies :D

Yes, I'm quite divided. The child within is always pleased to open the curtains to snow. :bounce: But the adult me knows what chaos it brings. >:(

The Q

Snow what Snow? it's just rained for the last two days...  >:(

MinZaPint

Quote from: newportnobby on December 10, 2017, 02:51:44 PM

Aren't you forgetting someone Mick  :smiley-laughing:  :sorrysign:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Kudi

I was wondering what your experience might be with Traintrax. I ordered stuff from them 10 days ago, got a "despatched" email one day later, but still have not received any consignment. Is that par for the course?
BR 1950s freelance

daffy

That's unusual in my experience over the last year.. I suggest you email or call Keith at TrainTrax as I have always had efficient service from him. The Christmas delivery period is always a little fraught with some delays, but 9 days from despatch I would consider excessive.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

I would definitely contact Keith. I have ordered quite a few bits from him over the last year and I do not think any of his packets have taken nine days to get to me here in Ireland.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Ian Bowden

Definitely contact Keith. The only time it has taken more than a few days was when he was on holiday and he gave notice in advance. Even then he monitored his emails.

Kudi

Thank you for all your helpful comments. My parcel finally arrived today.
BR 1950s freelance

daffy

That's good news. And a Merry Christmas to you. :beers:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

As of 10 minutes ago something has gone in my back and I'm reduced to slowly hobbling round the bungalow with the aid of a walking stick. It is painful to stand up, to sit down and most things in between. It's even painful to sit here in a straight backed chair and type.
I'm not looking forward to trying to get out of bed in the morning :worried: :uneasy:

Bob Tidbury

Newport Nobby go to bed with a bottle of whiskey or Brandy and a flexible tube and then you dont need to get out of bed  and if you get a funnel  hosepipe and a bucket then your all sorted ,you wont be able to  (play trains ) but you could put a video on and watch trains .
On a more serious note go steady mate we dont want you ill youve had enough problems of late ,if it gets worse call the Vet out they answer calls quicker than doctors.
Bob Tidbury

dannyboy

Bob is right in every respect Mick  - whiskey, flexible tube, video, Vet. Seriously, take it easy.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daveg

Good advice (mostly!  :D ).

Take it easy, Mick.

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations