!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: hurst moore  (Read 10505 times)

Offline del1968

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: hurst moore
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2013, 08:36:18 pm »
thanks for all the comments guys and girls here are a few more pics of the progress all the track is now laid including the branch line just need to get some new diodes for that as i stood on them  :dunce:
what are your thoughts on the brown ballast as i am thinking of doing it all round the track there is still more work to be done on the fields that i have done so far and i surpose i better get making more buildings well enjoy

in hot air balloon above the church view

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2013, 08:58:56 pm »
Lovely little country scene, Del :thumbsup:

Offline Agrippa

• Awards
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2013, 09:09:06 pm »
Nice work on the scenery, especially the country
roads and hedges. :thumbsup:
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Offline Caz

• N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2013, 09:10:58 pm »
If it wasn't for the wallpaper in the background you wouldn't know it was a model, looks really effective, very well done that man.   :thumbsup:

Offline del1968

• Awards
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2013, 09:33:13 pm »
thanks for the kind comments the scenery is the bit i enjoy doing most i just treat the layout as scetions when doing the scenery and one that section looks right in my eye i will move on to the next part i will keep you all updated with pics might even treat ya to a short video as i move round the board glad you like it so far i am pleased with it now i was getting down hearted with it but a week break from it clears ya head and can start to focas what needs to be done and what it should look like  :thankyousign:

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2013, 09:35:21 pm »
Really nice and you have the greenery and atmosphere down to a T.

No way a criticism but I think the brown ballast would probably have some colour variation rather than what appears on the pic to be 100% the same. A bit of ash, soot and oil spill would make it just that bit more realistic and in line with rest of your excellent scenic work.

Your post makes me itching to get back to my layout but there's still loads of decorating to get done.

Keep those pics coming, thanks for posting.

Dave G

Offline del1968

• Awards
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2013, 10:47:03 am »
morning guys and girls
well while i am off all week i thought i would post an update soon as i had loads of spare track left over and i was going to make a small layout just to mess around on i decided to extend hurst moore a little and move the goods yard so that i have more room for a village and have the station in the middle which made more sence i have got 2 twin controllers as well as a single so 5 in total the 5th one was just controlling the turn table but my thought being if i place an on off switch to the tt when not using it i can then use the 5th to control the goods yard and do a bit of shuntting what do you recon here are some pics any thought or ideas on how you would change the goods yard  more than welcome

del

Offline del1968

• Awards
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2013, 01:29:46 pm »
right i have come to a very big decision i am closing down my layout and am starting again this is only due to the fact that i was never happy with it and before i go any further the only good thing is that i only tact the track with hot glue so this will come up easy so its bye for now but will be back with somthing differant

del

Offline scotsoft

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Scottish n' Newcastle
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2013, 01:42:39 pm »
right i have come to a very big decision i am closing down my layout and am starting again this is only due to the fact that i was never happy with it and before i go any further the only good thing is that i only tact the track with hot glue so this will come up easy so its bye for now but will be back with somthing differant

del

A big decision indeed Del  :o

I hope you can come up with a new plan you are happy with  ;)

cheers John.

Offline Caz

• N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2013, 02:26:00 pm »

del

A very big decision Del but if you're not happy with what you've done then it's the only right way to go in my book. well done for being brave.   :thumbsup:

See you on the layout discussion thread then?   ;)

Offline Tractor Matt

• Awards
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2013, 11:24:40 pm »
What has made you decide this Del? Your layout looks great? What is it missing that you want?

Offline del1968

• Awards
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2013, 02:31:10 am »
What has made you decide this Del? Your layout looks great? What is it missing that you want?

Not sure what it was missing but i felt that i made the mistske of pushing the track to ghe edge of the boards instesd of cutting though the country side plus the turn table never got used also it felt like it took over the spare room so this time it will run around the room which i think has given me more running room with a length of 12ft x 9ft x 6ft all boatds 2ft wide except for the ends which will be 3ft your more than welcome to pop roind when you got a momment to give me some ideas

Offline Tractor Matt

• Awards
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2013, 09:29:22 am »
Are you going to Coventry Swap Meet today at Ryton Sports connextions? There is also the Leicestershire Area Groups show on the 13th April we are taking the Magna Park layout.

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
September Donations

Advertise Here