Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: findus on September 06, 2011, 12:16:18 PM
Just got back from an amazing week away in italy

Steady, Findus. Any follow up post could get censored! :angel:
Seriously, hope you had a great honeymoon. I've many great memories of Italy :wave:

findus

Quote from: newportnobby on September 06, 2011, 03:10:33 PM
Quote from: findus on September 06, 2011, 12:16:18 PM
Just got back from an amazing week away in italy

Steady, Findus. Any follow up post could get censored! :angel:
Seriously, hope you had a great honeymoon. I've many great memories of Italy :wave:

thats why it was a very short post  :o

Pete Mc

My car also passed its mot on monday after failing last friday.Only needed a track rod end,its a 12 year old Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi,best car I've ever owned.Who says they don't build em like they used to?
They're built far better than they used to.
Only cost me 65 quid,loads of money left for TINGS which I'm going to on sunday.Yayy.
Working saturday though.Boooo!
Hope to see some of you there.
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Alex

I don't normally blow my own trumpet but my 9th book has just been published, Gloster Gladiator Vol2. Initial reviews are looking good so I;'m well chuffed.

Alex

Dock Shunter

Hope the book does really well Alex........
Love the picture on the cover...........http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/books/m3/9114.htm  ;) :)

Newportnobby

Quote from: alex crawford on September 11, 2011, 09:37:14 AM
I don't normally blow my own trumpet but my 9th book has just been published, Gloster Gladiator Vol2. Initial reviews are looking good so I;'m well chuffed.

Alex

Excellent - here's to good sales :beers:

Alex

Thanks guys. I've been researching/writting for the past 10 years now so I'm having a well earned break for the next couple of years.

More time to concentrate on N Gauge :wave:

poliss

My GP has now got an online appointment/repeat prescription system. No more being put on hold on the phone anymore.  ;D

Bikeracer

Quote from: poliss on October 14, 2011, 07:00:54 PM
My GP has now got an online appointment/repeat prescription system. No more being put on hold on the phone anymore.  ;D

Wait until you come to use it and need a quick appointment.

I've been using that system for a couple of years or so,it's fine for booking appointments a few weeks down the line and works well,but if I need to see a doctor the same day I have to drive to the surgery for 8am and physically book an appointment at reception.

Never been able to book on the phone at 8am,the calls are always answered with the "to use ringback" blurb and I never do, so the phone disconnects at their end and it's several redials with the same outcome before I eventually get through,then I'm always told there are no appointments left for that day.

I'd like to know the secret of getting through on the phone like the people who have got the appointments.

Our pharmacy is at the surgery so I just phone them for repeat prescriptions.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Pete Mc

Do you know when you have one of those days when absolutely everything that can go wrong does go wrong?

Well,today for me has not been one of those days.
I got up at 10,and did a bit on the layout,then got ready to go to my dads for dinner.Around 3ish I went home and started working on the layout once more and everything I've done has been absolutely spot on.I'm now testing or playing with it now and soon I will be getting ready to go out for some beer.What a marvellous day its been.Watch someone mess it up!
Pete
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Alex

Hi,

Got first pay rise in 3 years, 6.8%. More to spend on trains. Shhh don't tell the misses, she thinks it's hers. :smiley-laughing:

Alex

longbridge

Doesn't take much to make this old geezer happy, I finally decided what direction to go with names and themes for my new layout, (wonders will never cease)  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bikeracer

WoooHoooo....my Atlas turntable and motor arrived today and I've revamped my track plan to incorporate easements.

Allan

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bikeracer on November 08, 2011, 11:47:22 AM
WoooHoooo....my Atlas turntable and motor arrived today and I've revamped my track plan to incorporate easements.

Allan

Hi Allan - not too much, I hope after the difficult 'birth' it had! :wave:

Bikeracer

Not really altered it much but I thought it would help the transition onto and off the gradients from the upper level.
Sitting here waiting for the drizzle to stop so I can cut some more baseboard wood to size.

Allan

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations