Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

Well done Steve, a very nice loco and a great buy, nice to see someone bought a steam loco  :claphappy:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

stevieboy

If they're all going to be like this one from now on (the new Farish Steamers) then I can see me buying a few more. There isn't the slightest hint of movement in the body, it just glides along with just the sound of the rails the only thing you can here.

Hopefully my replacement 5MT will be similat, as the first one turned out to be a bit of a mare.

I'm just happy I've got three perfect loco's now as my 37 was begining to feel lonely.

stevieboy

My long awaited B1 replacement arrived today, so much better than the original. Like the WD it's perfect in every way.

Also started another collection off....

5 for now but want to get a good number , time to save up

Ollie3440

Quote from: stevieboy on February 06, 2013, 09:34:13 PM
My long awaited B1 replacement arrived today, so much better than the original. Like the WD it's perfect in every way.

Also started another collection off....

5 for now but want to get a good number , time to save up

Now both of those look familiar to me :P

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

stevieboy

justintime

I like the B1 Steve, that'll have to go on my shopping list for this year :beers:

My Latest Purchase - Two SD70's & 24 Trucks :-)

stevieboy

You won't regret it, it's comparable to the WD for running quality and like the WD I haven't had to touch it out of the box.

It's run in now so tomorrow I'll test haulage from what I've read I won't be disappointed.

Bealman

Wonderful stuff. After so many bad starts, it's good news!

Cheers!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

stevieboy

It's certainly looking good now.  After a couple of episode's I now have 4 perfectly functional loco's that are as Farish intended, they run right, look right and sound right, 3 of these 4 were shop purchases which helped end the endless game of parcel tennis.

I would like to thank one member on here (sorry can't remember who) who said that it would pay to go to a shop and view loco's in the flesh before purchasing.  This advice has been invaluable.  It especially helps when it comes to little things that an email or phone call wont cover. 

For example when I returned my Class 24 due to light failure, I picked up the new one, got it home and run it in.  About 3 days later I noticed that there was a blemish in the paintwork.  So, fearing i'd be labelled as a nutter, I went back to the shop and asked if the body could be swapped over from the one I had previously.  This wasn't an issue and I went home happy and with my dignity/sanity intact!

:thankyousign:

Dock Shunter

Great to hear your faith has been fully restored in N Gauge Steve after such a bad run of luck. :thumbsup:
Sounds like you have found a shop were the proprietor seems willing to help if things aren't as they should be :thumbsup:

stevieboy

Yeah, it helps.

It work's both ways too as I came away with a Maroon Mk1 BSK due to my satisfaction at the good service I had received over the CL24. 

Newportnobby

Quote from: stevieboy on February 07, 2013, 05:43:01 PM
Yeah, it helps.

It work's both ways too as I came away with a Maroon Mk1 BSK due to my satisfaction at the good service I had received over the CL24.

Well - it would have been rude not too ;)
It's also one less for Ollie the MK1 muncher >:D

Bealman

Quote from: bealman on February 01, 2013, 09:21:19 PM
Now you're gettin' the hang of it, stevieboy!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with posting comparison pics, either. It's good to see how things have improved. When I get the time I'll post some of my old blood and custard Mk 1s - they're not even the right colour!!!

Keep up the good work -Green is Go!
I know they're not latest purchases, but in relation to the my quote above, here are my ancient Mk1s - some are crimson & cream, others maroon & cream!!
[smg id=3594 type=preview align=center width=400]
[smg id=3593 type=preview align=center width=400]
[smg id=3591 type=preview align=center width=400]
But, you know what, at the time, I thought they were great!

Ollie3440

My purchases from the Donny exhibition today...

3 x JB Stock Boxes, Dapol GBRf Spine Wagons (Been looking everywhere for some!) and a Bargain Farish Early B1 (Will be re-numbered to 61264). Finally a Farish Royal Scot which i picked up elsewhere secondhand and DCC Fitted (Will become 46115)

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Bealman

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP