Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

For a person that has been less than complimentary about British N gauge Steam locos I had a great day today buying three of them, (cor what a turncoat)

I sold all my Nscale American gear today for a decent sum of $500 or about 325 GBP, which was spent on these 3 locos, some rolling stock and card kits so I was pretty happy.

I have a friend that does a lot of repairs to Farish locos and he has told me service and spares are no great problem so if I have any problems just give it to him to fix, sounds OK to me.

As I am building a Fictitious Preserved Railway I am quite happy to run anything that I take a shine too.

Here is my loco fleet that I acquired this week, don't know how old the Black 5 is but it runs great.

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Tank

Looks like a great deal there Dave. :thumbsup:

I received 8x Mainline Hopper wagons today.  All second hand, but £45 delivered which I  thought was great.

upnick

Hi  Dave,   

So have you abandoned your  U.S.   layout so  you  can   have it  British  for you &  your friend  ? 

Superb locos  especially the  Green  37   ;)

EtchedPixels

Black 5 looks really old as it has tender pickups, which is always a sign of the older better (well until the new Bachmann edition) model.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Newportnobby

Hi Dave,

That Black 5 appears in my 1983 Graham Farish catalogue so it's nearly as old as me :angel:
Really nice to see you getting some UK stuff :thumbsup:

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on June 30, 2012, 02:49:17 PM
Hi Dave,

That Black 5 appears in my 1983 Graham Farish catalogue so it's nearly as old as me :angel:

longbridge

Hi Dave,

Crikey Mike I knew it was old but I didn't think it was ancient, most things made in 1983 have long gone to the dump, maybe Farish locos are better than I thought.

I knew it was old because it has brass gears.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Quote from: oldrailbug on June 30, 2012, 09:42:34 PM
Hi Dave,

Crikey Mike I knew it was old but I didn't think it was ancient, most things made in 1983 have long gone to the dump, maybe Farish locos are better than I thought.

Some people think that things from 1953 should have long gone to the dump :'(

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on June 30, 2012, 10:13:57 PM
Quote from: oldrailbug on June 30, 2012, 09:42:34 PM
Hi Dave,

Some people think that things from 1953 should have long gone to the dump :'(

Not in the least, I am of the 1952 vintage  :thumbsup:

Donkey

Lovely looking loco's Dave  :thumbsup: I bet you can't wait to start playing with opeating them  :)

Marty

longbridge

Quote from: Donkey on July 01, 2012, 09:22:17 PM
Lovely looking loco's Dave  :thumbsup: I bet you can't wait to start playing with opeating them  :)

Marty

You are right there Marty, I gave them a test run when I got home and all was OK but since then I have been busy with the layout, today is the day I hook something on the back of them  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bealman

Good to see you are in the right period there, Dave. There's only one colour for BR diesels - GREEN. Oops that gives away my vintage too, doesn't it.
Cheers, George.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Jack

Quote from: bealman on July 14, 2012, 12:53:58 AM
Good to see you are in the right period there, Dave. There's only one colour for BR diesels - GREEN. Oops that gives away my vintage too, doesn't it.
Cheers, George.

Trouble is that you can't see green diesels among all those GREEN trees, that's why you need BLUE ones!!  ;D
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Jack9465 on July 14, 2012, 08:21:17 AM
Trouble is that you can't see green diesels among all those GREEN trees, that's why you need BLUE ones!!  ;D

and with blue ones the sky is the limit...
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Pengi

Quote from: Jack9465 on July 14, 2012, 08:21:17 AM
Quote from: bealman on July 14, 2012, 12:53:58 AM
Cheers, George.

. . . you can see the brightly coloured worms against any background though :smiley-laughing:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations