Someone at farish was asleep at the wheel

Started by cragster101, April 30, 2016, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbury22uk

Many years ago I bought an artificial Christmas tree in Argos. The assistant handed it over the counter to me. It had a nicely tied ribbon round it. I thought it was an attempt at seasonal gift wrapping. It was so light that I gave to my wife to carry, and I had the heavy shopping bag. Back home I opened the box to find that I had bought an invisible Christmas tree. Back to Argos, and the assistant told me I should not have accepted the box as it had a ribbon round it which was Argos's code for an empty box with the contents on display somewhere in the store. Anyway the "replacement" tree is still in regular use, and weighs a ton. Worse still it is getting heavier every year especially when I load it back into the loft in early January.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Newportnobby

Quote from: woodbury22uk on May 02, 2016, 12:48:09 PM
Back to Argos, and the assistant told me I should not have accepted the box as it had a ribbon round it which was Argos's code for an empty box with the contents on display somewhere in the store.

Fancy not knowing that, Mike ::) Your fault, then ;) :P

kiwi1941

Quote from: kiwi1941 on May 02, 2016, 12:13:21 PM
I'm sure that it is a computer glitch at Hattons but they hadn't spotted it and still haven't replied.  :unimpressed:

Reply from Hattons today: "I have now spoken to our Inventory Manager and we now have both of these models on order from Graham Farish and if you would like to pre-order these this can be done on the links below .... I am sorry for the confusion with these models and if there is anything else I can help with please do not hesitate to let me know."

Not a word of gratitude or thanks for helping them to maintain their stocks and protect their good name. I might just buy them from Rails out of principle  >:( Brian
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations