Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Shillabeer

Quote from: Trev on August 15, 2013, 08:56:52 AM
That's fantastic news Micheal. Well done her.

Can I ask where abouts on the UCAS site you found that info please?  My son is on his way to get his results, hopeing to go to Bath to study robotics
Thanks Trev

Sorry I don't know exactly where on the UCAS website - I'm at work and she emailed me.

She has an account on the UCAS website that she uses to track aplications and offers.

Michael

Trev

Thanks for your reply Micheal.

I just found the section but then had a call from my son telling me his results.
He didn't get Bath but has been offered a place in Bristol which was a very close second choice anyway so all's well.
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

Newportnobby

Huge congratulations, both, to your son and daughter in getting into Uni :claphappy:
I hope the BoMaD (Bank of Mum and Dad) will have some left for modelling :worried:

Trev

:no: Not my problem -
I've put him up for adoption so I avoid the high running costs  :smiley-laughing:

If anyone want s to take him on, he is house trained and can make a good cup of tea.   :D :D

One massive benefit of living here in Wales is that what ever the university charges (likely to be close to £9k a year) , he will only pay about £3250 a year and the Welsh Government pays the rest.  Already saved my Daughter (at Manchester uni)  at least £10k and she still has 2 years to go.
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

scotsoft

Well done to both, I can only just remember what a relief it is when those results come through the door.

Is it really over 40 years ago  :confused1:  :'(

cheers John.

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on August 15, 2013, 11:20:11 AM
Well done to both, I can only just remember what a relief it is when those results come through the door.

Is it really over 40 years ago  :confused1:  :'(

cheers John.

And there was me thinking you went to Uni with Isambard Kingdom Brunel :-X

AndyGif

Quote from: Trev on August 15, 2013, 09:32:21 AM
Thanks for your reply Micheal.

I just found the section but then had a call from my son telling me his results.
He didn't get Bath but has been offered a place in Bristol which was a very close second choice anyway so all's well.

which Bristol?  the Real University or the pretend one as it was then (UWE) I went to study Real Time Computing. It had a very good computer department 21 years ago, and i almost made it to CERN for my placement year, but was pipped at the post by my mate....

Trev

Yes it UWE that he'll be going to.

You must have been gutted to have missed out on that placements to CERN.
My daughter is at Manchester Uni doing applied physics. I know she would give her right arm to be able to go CERN.

Skyline2uk

QuoteYes it UWE that he'll be going to.

:thumbsup:

I went to Bristol Uni and never left Bristol.....I am a huge fan of the city (despite the efforts of our Mayor  :thumbsdown:)

I think he will have a great time here.

Skyline2uk

daveg

Well done and congrats to all the young folk that have got a place at Uni.  :claphappy:

I hope that amongst those gathered there will be a fair amount of engineering, chemistry and physics, rising stars. We need them all.

Pleased some of my taxes are going towards a decent education - as well as funding a few beers  :pint:  and other events over the next few years!

Dave G

loco4401

Im a very happy boy as today i went to train trader in sydney and for xmas i bought my self a peco guards van a white refeg van and like a 2 plank wagon and a old fashion flischman 8332 code goods wagon with both side doors that can open all for 50 bucks so happy happy joy joy  :bounce:

daveg

Happy Christmas, 4401!

Dave G

loco4401

Trainfish

Funny you should mention Christmas as tonight we're having a Christmas party for about 40 people at our house. We have a themed party every year on my birthday (today) and this year the theme is Christmas.

I'm obviously happy as I'll get 2 lots of presents!  :claphappy:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

scotsoft

I popped into the £1 shop yesterday and I found my perfect mug.

I do have a great fondness for this kind of foodstuff, so I can see this mug and me spending many an enjoyable hour together  :D

cheers John

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations