Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

port perran

Quote from: railsquid on February 05, 2018, 02:20:56 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on February 04, 2018, 04:30:26 PM
Could have been worse. It could have been sent via Yodel..............

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3328577/Overly-enthusiastic-delivery-man-surprises-customer-leaving-parcel-waiting-ROOF.html

Around here if someone pulled a stunt like that. they'd have the honchos of the offending company polishing the floor with their foreheads on national TV and the actual projectile delivery operator would find himself seconded to a posting somewhere closer to Russia than Tokyo.

Back on topic, flu. Not sure if squid flu or Hong Kong Phooey flu or what, but need brain and lungs back.
Hope you start to feel better soon.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Yet_Another

I was on my way to the Warley open day, when the car coughed and died as I got on to the M5.

Several hours later, I'm back home, sans car, not having got to Oldbury.

The car is parked outside a local garage, with more fault codes in it's electronics that the mind can comfortably comprehend, all of them intermittent. How long is it going to take them to find and fix the suspected Canbus comms fault? How long is a piece of string?

Very not happy.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

MistyEyedWanderer

Hmm, the unhappy thread, seems to me an ideal place to let rip.
Has any one had dealings with the fabled legend, http://www.railwayeng.com ?

Because its appears, that I dared to:
A. Ask a question about track standards
B. Fish for advice from a pro.
C. Not immediately understand or agree as a novice
D. Dare to pay for goods and services
E. Not provide every intimate detail that is available via paypal
F. Fail to please his Majesty in every way.

I have sent the most undeserving polite English gentleman's letter I possibly could, for troubling his Lordship.

We will see If I get my stuff or not as I (foolishly) sent my wad directly to his paypal account as his effing cart was broken.  :censored:

I was angry.  Now unhappy.  And more than a little hurt.  I'm glad that I have met some good murican's previously , or this might well have put me off the whole place.

Zogbert Splod

I have not been in possession of a television set for many years now.  I don't like television.  Since I moved into my current address, some seven and a half years ago, I have had three visits from TV license plonkers, i have also had three letters from them asking me to purchase a license and to provide proof of having done so, or let them know that I don't need one.  I have responded to this online each time.  That's all OK (ish)...   However, today, I got a letter advising me that I am to be visited by an 'enforcement officer' to confirm that I do not have a TV and that I do not watch live broadcasts on line.
The attendance at my door of a 'representative' wishing to confirm that nothing has changed I can deal with.  But an 'enforcement officer'?  Really?
While I question the morality of the thing in general, I also have to wonder how much of the licence fee goes to checking up on whether people are paying their licence fee!  It seems that there is a visit to an address every 5 seconds, day, evening - including weekends. 10,101 visits a day they say.  I wonder how many people, on the streets and in various offices around the country, are involved in this.  I wonder what the total cost of policing this is.
It's the implied threat of a visit from an 'enforcement officer' that has got me wound up.  Does anyone else find that offensive?
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Bob Tidbury

I am very puzzled by my Ipad ,As everyone knows I am an absolute idiot with technical things  I cant open Facebook the Icon is still.on.the screen but its a dark picture its normaly blue ,I have tried to uninstall.it but it wont let me .
If I go to appstore and go to facebook the app says open but if you click.on that  nothing happens ,has anyone got a simple answer to help.me.
Bob Tidbury

RailGooner

Quote from: Zogbert Splod on March 06, 2018, 01:07:35 PM
  Does anyone else find that offensive?

I once went through a period of a few years without a TV or any other qualifying devices. I got so fed up with the bullying and harassment from the Licensing plonkers*, that I wrote to them promising legal action if they continued. Never heard another word from them.

* A very suitable description Zogbert.

njee20

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on March 06, 2018, 01:17:03 PM
I am very puzzled by my Ipad ,As everyone knows I am an absolute idiot with technical things  I cant open Facebook the Icon is still.on.the screen but its a dark picture its normaly blue ,I have tried to uninstall.it but it wont let me .
If I go to appstore and go to facebook the app says open but if you click.on that  nothing happens ,has anyone got a simple answer to help.me.
Bob Tidbury

There's a pending update - go into the App Store and go to updates - you should be able to force it through if it's not already done it.

daffy

Quote from: njee20 on March 06, 2018, 04:44:59 PM
Quote from: Bob Tidbury on March 06, 2018, 01:17:03 PM
Bob Tidbury

There's a pending update - go into the App Store and go to updates - you should be able to force it through if it's not already done it.

If that doesn't cure the problem, I've found one of the most common cures for iPad odd behaviour is to shut down completely and reboot it.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bob Tidbury

Ive tried a complete shut down and left it off overnight rebooted and still.no joy.
Bob Tidbury

daffy

Are you running the latest version of the Apple operating system, iOS 11?

If not I would suggest doing a backup of valued data before downloading and installing the update that should show in your Settings app.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Yet_Another

Quote from: Zogbert Splod on March 06, 2018, 01:07:35 PM
It's the implied threat of a visit from an 'enforcement officer' that has got me wound up.  Does anyone else find that offensive?

Yes. I've had skirmishes with that lot for 35 years, and their bully-boy missives have changed little. I seem to recall that I'm on the list for a visit as well. Good luck to them, I'm not here that much.

Just carry on regardless. I think I filled in some sort of declaration online that satisfied them for the time being.

I don't know if you have them north of the border, but down south, we have these 'traffic enforcement officers' who have little power but wielding a radar gun. Same sort of thing, really.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Bob Tidbury

I now need to post in the Happy thread after several attempts and help from two or three mates Ive actually got Facebook running again at last .
Bob Tidbury

daffy

Good to hear everything is up and running fine,  Bob.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

austinbob

Credit card hacked. :'( Three dodgy transactions. Reported 1st one 3 days ago. Bank put watch on account and two more dodgy transactions today reported by bank. Both blocked awaiting my approval.
Original transaction will be refunded and new card issued.
Not good but impressed the way bank sorted it quickly and without question.
Got to go through hassle of updating online accounts now.
:hmmm:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations