World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty_B

:claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:Get in there :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

RailGooner

Dusty_B

:claphappy: :claphappy: get in there  :claphappy: :claphappy:
Well deserved win

Bob Tidbury

For someone like me who doesn't normally watch football ,it seems even the VR man was against our team ,if ever a player deserved a RED CARD  NOT  A YELLOW  one the guy who head butted our player DID .
Added to that I saw my son with the team  at the end when they were all congratulating each other .They deserved to win after all those fouls.
Bob Tidbury

Dusty_B

I am  with you on that one Bob the fouls tonight where atrocious. I would have red carded two of there team unfortunately the other one was there own manager/coach who hit Sterling with his shoulder while he was walking off after first half.

weave

What can I say.

Have been watching Portsmouth FC and England for so many years now that I thought my body would be used to possible elation but normally impending doom.

Think the heart rate has calmed now.  :claphappy:  :claphappy:  :claphappy:

I hope the neighbours were watching it with the TV turned up as our 4 dogs got very, very noisy with my celebrations.

Cheers weave  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:

kirky

Well I'm not normally a fan of international football. But this tournament has been fantastic. Really enjoyed Japan v Belgium and tonights fest of penalties was just briliant - well the result was the right one - the footballing team won.
And I agree with @Newportnobby Gareth deserves the man of the match. The worst decision we (the Boro) ever made was to sack Southgate.

all of couse IMHO

Kirky
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

broadsword

i'm part Scotch and part English.Normally support Scotland , but this time have to watch England,
who played well against a bunch of riff raff . Top marks to Gareth Southgate who has conducted
himself with dignity.

port perran

Well done England.
Colombia could play (and play well), they proved that beyond doubt in the 2nd half and the first half of extra time. But they very much got what they deserved for that first half performance.
England held their nerve, took the aggro largely with good grace and for once won the penalty competition.
Roll on the next match (only problem is.....I won't be able to watch it).
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

keithbythe sea

Why can't football be refereed like rugby?

Bealman

Because you'd be watching 10 minutes of video ref from every conceivable angle before the game restarts.

Well that's what happens here with rugby league  ;)

Anyway, well done the Poms!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Hi Keith,

Because there wouldn't be any players left. I do think a 10 minute sin bin would be a good idea maybe  :hmmm:.

Hi Martin,

Why can't you watch it if that's not too nosey? Poor chap. If it's a wedding I'm sure some of the lads have a cunning plan  ;)

Hi broadsword,

I used to be part scotch but can't drink spirits anymore :no:  :D

Loved the commentary team celebrations and Ian Wright's punditry basically saying I don't care we won!!!  :)

Roll on Saturday.

Cheers weave  :beers:

port perran

Hi Chris (Weave)
We'll be at the Historic Vehicle Gathering at Powderham Castle near Exeter showing Bertie our Campervan.
It's a huge show and we've been booked for months.
I'm sure my phone will come to out rescue.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

keithbythe sea

Point taken George. Although watching 10 mins of var might be more preferable to watching 5 minutes of players surrounding the ref arguing in his face  :hmmm:

Not necessarily advocating a sin bin Weave, but what's the problem with sending players off if it's the correct decision, (according to the laws of the game)? Behaviour will soon change if that happens. Apart from Neymar's theatricals, multiple rolls after no contact occurs less frequently now, following a change in law "interpretation"?

However, maybe just one rule transfer from rugby (union) then, only the captain is allowed to speak to the referee, simples?

It's all down to the cojones (ok mods?) of the governing body. There have been many var examples where the obvious decision has not been taken.

And yes, well done England and particularly Gareth Southgate.  :beers:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations