Dapol announce Mk3 Sleepers?

Started by NGS-PO, September 08, 2018, 11:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGS-PO

Mentioned on RMWeb, but not here yet. Might be worth keeping an eye on this thread in the meantime:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/137336-dapol-announce-n-gauge-mk3-sleepers/

Best

Scott
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

monkey_brains

Couple of pictures on Facebook of unpainted EP sample in their display cabinet at TINGS - just as I was contemplating a project using Electra vinyls - sorry Adam!
A keen modern image modeller in N Gauge, the latest creation I am working on is Cottingfield - an N Gauge Rule 1 Layout

Plotting has started on a DC controlled layout for the trains I can't easily convert to DCC North Wroxham - an N Gauge Modern Era Layout

Portpatrick

But when will Dapol's unpainted sample actually turn into the real product?   2019 or 2029?  Will they be another 142?  And what livery will you be looking for?  Adam does all of them.  I have just reliveried my Farish ones in the Barbie style livery as that will fit the period ambience of Allanbrae better ie with EWS Class 67.   I sourced a couple of air con Mk 2s for the day coaches.   I am not buying the latest livery Caledonian 67 and in any case Dapol have not yet offered the revamped 73s in the latest Caledonian livery.

RailGooner

Just as I was planning on adding a SLEP body from Shapeways to a Dapol FO and RFM to complete my EWS Management Train. The big question now is, will Dapol release a bookset of Management Train coaches? :hmmm: Requires a level of joined up thinking that IMHO Dapol aren't particularly good at.

davidinyork

Quote from: Portpatrick on September 08, 2018, 12:41:16 PM
Dapol have not yet offered the revamped 73s in the latest Caledonian livery.

And quite probably never will - they are a small sub-class, with significant differences which would probably require completely new tooling.

crepello

Quote from: Portpatrick on September 08, 2018, 12:41:16 PM
But when will Dapol's unpainted sample actually turn into the real product?   2019 or 2029?  Will they be another 142?  And what livery will you be looking for?  Adam does all of them.  I have just reliveried my Farish ones in the Barbie style livery as that will fit the period ambience of Allanbrae better ie with EWS Class 67.   I sourced a couple of air con Mk 2s for the day coaches.   I am not buying the latest livery Caledonian 67 and in any case Dapol have not yet offered the revamped 73s in the latest Caledonian livery.

Don't be a pessimist--hardly as complicated as the Pacers.

RailGooner

The hardest part will be ensuring the paint is a total mismatch to other compatible Dapol products, like the CS 67. :D

Intercity

Excellent news, hopefully they will produce both the SLe and SLeP, looking forward to some Intercity ones, just need the 87 and 90 to be revamped now, I do recall the Cross Country ones being a smaller consist and having an 86, but the lowland and highland ones from Euston were almost always 87 and 90 powered (and 86/1) due to ETH requirements

njee20

They said they were doing IC executive (among others) but not Swallow, which seems odd. No First Scotrail barbie ones either, but theyre doing blue/grey, GWR and Caledonian Sleeper teal.

Still need a decent mk2 for the Caledonian rakes, I'll stick with the Electra vinyls on Farish donors.   

Makes sense with the 67 and 86.

Western Exile

Excellent news! I was just starting to think about how to get a closer couple on my Farish ones. And with the prototype HST and Revolution's new wagons coming, it's time to start saving up.
(not Dr.) Al

pape_timmo

Oh crumbs, even more saving up to do...

Cheers, Timmo
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

Portpatrick

Well Caledonian teal will go  with the related 67.  For closer coupling  of the Farish try the shorter rapido couplings.  Perhaps on one end only

mika

Nice!
And I was wondering what my CS teal class 92 was going to pull.
Well done, Dapol!

pape_timmo

I want a rake of FGW dynamic lines, and GWR green.

Cheers , Timmo
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

Here's hoping they produce IC Swallow. If not and they do produce IC Exec, nay bother, quick mask up and spray in with Falcon grey, apply INTERCITY branding and number appropriately - Job done.

Well done Dapol. Another rake that can be added to future WCML layout buid :thumbsup:

Cheers
Anthony 
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

West Coast Models - www.westcoastmodels.co.uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations