Monkchester / Newcastle & District Model Railway Society

Started by N-Gauge-US, April 03, 2017, 01:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-Gauge-US

Is anyone here a member of the Newcastle & District Model Railway Society? The reason that I ask is that I have been enthralled with Monkchester lately. I keep finding myself going back to the NGS article and the (more recent) RM article and am incredibly impressed. I would desperately like to see some videos of it in action in its current form, as it looks very interesting operationally (from my perspective), but all I can find is a video of it 6 years ago before its major expansion. If someone here is a member and wouldn't mind shooting a video or asking another club member to, please either reply here or send me a PM. Thanks very much and congratulations to all involved, a job well done!

Philip

PS The reason I didn't try contacting the NGS article's author first is that his NGS number wasn't listed, so I'm assuming he either isn't a member or isn't fond of giving his information out via the Society.
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

pmbgos

Hi - Thank you for the very kind comments about Monkchester.  I only found out about the N Gauge Forum at the Fleetwood Exhibition this last weekend,  where Monkchester won two Best in Show awards!  I signed up yesterday.  I attach a photo showing some extra buildings added this year where I have been experimenting with laser cutting windows and a photo from Fleetwood.  I tried uploading a movie but it didn't work. Since you posted your comment,  there have been further articles in Railway Modeller in May 2017 and July 2018.  We have no more exhibitions planned at the moment as we have had no invitations!

Best wishes

Peter

Peter M Brown

Newportnobby

@pmgbos

Thanks for that post, Peter, and I'm glad my vote went to the winning layout. Movies cannot be uploaded to the forum so I'm afraid you'll have to use YouTube, Dropbox or some similar host.
I'm sure invites won't be long in coming.

pmbgos

Thanks for your vote!  As it happens the two awards Monkchester won were from the Club President and the club member votes.  We narrowly missed the public vote which went to the Transport Museum layout with all the lights,  music and action!

Newportnobby

Oh dear. I've seen that layout far too many times at local shows whereas it was refreshing to see Monkchester 'in the flesh'. Of course, it certainly helped being set in the same era as I model :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations