The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadsword

I'm feeling a bit left out, haven't had a nuisance call  for a  while,
last one was asking how I'd vote in the council elections. :(

Bob Tidbury

Yes it was on our landline Nick we have got a Sky package deal for TV ,Broadband and phone we did buy a call blocker which worked fine for several years but its packed up now we will have to buy a new one ,I dont know if Sky do have a blocking system withtheir service I will get my son to make aphonecall to them as he pays thebill for us.
Bob Tidbury

Bealman

Quote from: broadsword on May 22, 2017, 12:13:55 PM
How'd you vote in the council elections?  ;) ;D

Sorry. Being smart. We have councils here too and I wouldn't vote for any of them.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

I have just discovered - through a process of elimination, trial and error etc over many weeks - that I can no longer eat Fish'n'Chips! :o :goggleeyes: :'(

Over the years I have developed intolerances - and in some case allergies - to many food stuffs, additives, and the like, and I had already had to eliminate vinegar from my diet some years ago, but to discover that the basic staple of Anglo-Saxon cuisine (for want of a better term) is now off-limits is beyond the pale! :(

Well, I can still eat Fish'n'Chips if I want to, just as long as I don't mind not being able to sleep that night and feeling dreadful the next day. (Plus who knows what other effects.)

I am now going to sulk for a week or two. :(
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

austinbob

Is it the fish or the chips causing the problem Daffy? Maybe you could still eat half your favourite meal...
:) :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

dannyboy

Quote from: daffy on May 22, 2017, 12:56:58 PM

I am now going to sulk for a week or two. :(

Only for a week or two  :goggleeyes:. British fish and chips is one of the reasons why I keep making trips back home - along with visiting model shops, heritage railways etc., oh, and relatives of course.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Nick

Quote from: daffy on May 22, 2017, 12:56:58 PM
Well, I can still eat Fish'n'Chips if I want to, just as long as I don't mind not being able to sleep that night and feeling dreadful the next day. (Plus who knows what other effects.)
That's never stopped me drinking!  :D
:beers:
Nick

The perfect is the enemy of the good - Voltaire

broadsword

Quote from: Bealman on May 22, 2017, 12:30:55 PM
Quote from: broadsword on May 22, 2017, 12:13:55 PM
How'd you vote in the council elections?  ;) ;D

Sorry. Being smart. We have councils here too and I wouldn't vote for any of them.  :beers:

I voted tactically , the councillor I voted for drinks in the same bar as me
however he lost!

daffy

Quote from: austinbob on May 22, 2017, 01:01:52 PM
Is it the fish or the chips causing the problem Daffy? Maybe you could still eat half your favourite meal...
:) :beers:

It's the fish, Bob. I have very high IgE levels when it comes to salmon, and am therefore allergic to that and other pink fish and all shellfish. The problem with all fish, and at my local Chippy this means white fish, such as Cod, Pollock and Haddock, is the presence of histamine. This is a natural result of decay that begins in fish as soon as they die, and the less fresh the fish is, the more histamine there will be. This has been the reason why some reaction to the Fish'n'Chips I've eaten is slightly less severe. (I'm still studying the full science behind it all.)

Sadly my sensitivity to histamine from lots of sources has increased dramatically over the last five years, though its origins are far older, stemming from around 1990.

So I shall have to visit the chippy just to get the wonderful aroma, and maybe order Chips'nChips.

And before anyone suggest all the other things I could order with those chips, I should point out that this is only the latest food intolerance problem I have defined. Suffice to say there's nothing else that springs to mind that I can eat without problems at your average Chippy.

So yes, David, I may sulk for a lot longer than a week or two. ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

austinbob

Sorry to hear about your food sensitivities Daffy.
Chips 'n' chips sounds good to me but not sure my doctor would agree!!  :no:
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

javlinfaw7

How about a battered and deepfried mars bar or curlywhurly?

daffy

Quote from: javlinfaw7 on May 22, 2017, 02:38:44 PM
How about a battered and deepfried mars bar or curlywhurly?

Sadly  :hmmm:not. It's the batter, you see, that I had to remove from fish anyway. And sometimes the sugar. :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Ian Bowden

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on May 22, 2017, 12:19:57 PM
Yes it was on our landline Nick we have got a Sky package deal for TV ,Broadband and phone we did buy a call blocker which worked fine for several years but its packed up now we will have to buy a new one ,I dont know if Sky do have a blocking system withtheir service I will get my son to make aphonecall to them as he pays thebill for us.
Bob Tidbury
BT make a phone (8600) which has call blocker. You record all the phone numbers that you want to receive then when a call not on the list is received the phone plays a message asking the caller to give their name and press # The phone then rings and plays the name to you and you can either accept or reject the call. That stops most cold callers.

Bealman

Mrs Bealman watching MasterChef, but unfortunately they've put it on at the club too  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

ozzie Bill.

with you there George, with you there. It has devolved into the most utter drivel known to man, except for that ridiculous bogan show where they knock each others homes down! Just the trailers for either of them make me want to destroy the TV.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations