Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intercity

Added 2 more class 86s to the growing fleet, 86 631 (out of service pending repairs, another one), and 86 637 in the newer freightliner livery.

631 has a messed up PCB and the lighting board with the white connectors have both been removed.

637 runs, the lights all work although it seems a little hesitant when power first applied, will clean up the wheels and contacts to see if it helps, also needs replacement buffers.

johnlambert

I treated myself to a few things at TINGS yesterday.

Two Dapol Network Rail wagons (2 for £30 on the Dapol stand) and a Graham Farish 30 Ton Bogie Bolster wagon in Departmental red (£15, second hadn from Cheltenham Model Centre).

Three more tank wagons, I assume these would look ok for trains running in the 1960s?

The N gauge Society stand had some limited edition TTA wagons by Graham Farish, I'm a bit of a sucker for the TTA.

For some time I've been after an N Gauge version for LMS 6115 Scots Guardsman, I have an OO model of that engine inherited from a late friend.  I braved the cruch at Anorack's Anonymous and found this example for a very reasonable £69.

Little and large together.

Chris Morris

Been to TINGS.
I've got a touch of the blues at the moment.

Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Roy L S

Here's my latest courtesy of Atso of this parish.

A fantastic job done, based around his superb 3D print.

Roy

BMHoneyman

Quote from: johnlambert on September 10, 2017, 10:04:56 AM
I treated myself to a few things at TINGS yesterday.

Two Dapol Network Rail wagons (2 for £30 on the Dapol stand) and a Graham Farish 30 Ton Bogie Bolster wagon in Departmental red (£15, second hadn from Cheltenham Model Centre).

Three more tank wagons, I assume these would look ok for trains running in the 1960s?

The N gauge Society stand had some limited edition TTA wagons by Graham Farish, I'm a bit of a sucker for the TTA.

For some time I've been after an N Gauge version for LMS 6115 Scots Guardsman, I have an OO model of that engine inherited from a late friend.  I braved the cruch at Anorack's Anonymous and found this example for a very reasonable £69.

Little and large together.

When did the N Gauge Society limited edition TTA tanker come out as I have seen no mention of this model?

Yet_Another

Stealth purchase:

It would have been rude not to, while visiting the NGS stand.

(Not yet even announced on the website, apparently)
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Western Exile

Those are the donor wagons provided in the NGS kit for the TTA chlorine, molasses and sulphuric acid tanks that has been available for some time. As such, I don't think they are new wagons being produced and are probably surplus stock. I always thought they would make good bitumen tanks without too much effort required.
(not Dr.) Al

Yet_Another

That makes sense. The date inside the box is 101105, and they are labelled as Blue Riband, which I thought a little strange.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Railwaygun

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

BMHoneyman

Quote from: Western Exile on September 10, 2017, 06:53:22 PM
Those are the donor wagons provided in the NGS kit for the TTA chlorine, molasses and sulphuric acid tanks that has been available for some time. As such, I don't think they are new wagons being produced and are probably surplus stock. I always thought they would make good bitumen tanks without too much effort required.
As a long term member of the N Gauge Society, this is both annoying and disappointing that these models have not been advertised first on the web site as not everyone is able to attend shows due to family commitments. This goes for the kits as well.  :veryangry:

Yet_Another

In defence of the NGS, they were taking advantage of an opportunity which presented itself, and I would probably have done the same. When I bought mine, late yesterday, there were still more than plenty. I mean really plenty.
Tony

Skyline2uk

Another 47 joins my fleet, this one being too good a deal to pass up from Anoracks at TINGS.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyqqjf5s9orp523/Photo%2011-09-2017%2C%2017%2034%2012.jpg?dl=0

Didn't think I would get this for a while, what with it being in a set.

Whilst I am happy to have her "light engine", I do have some RES BGs and GUVs, but suspect they are too late for this livery. I know the coaches that she came in the set with were bright red Royal Mail type, but can't find prototype images of her with RES coaches.

Skyline2uk

Western Exile

Quote from: Lindi on September 11, 2017, 10:02:24 PM
Quote from: Yet_Another on September 11, 2017, 09:52:14 PM
In defence of the NGS, they were taking advantage of an opportunity which presented itself, and I would probably have done the same. When I bought mine, late yesterday, there were still more than plenty. I mean really plenty.

Although I made a purchase from the NGS stand, I wasn't aware they were selling these TTA tanks as I would have purchased a rake if I had known.

If the NGS is selling these TTA wagons off then they should be made available through the NGS shop for all members to buy (including overseas members as it is there society as well)

Have you tried contacting them? They might be only too happy to get some more off their hands.
(not Dr.) Al

BMHoneyman

Quote from: Lindi on September 12, 2017, 04:38:41 PM
Quote from: Western Exile on September 12, 2017, 12:59:27 PM
Quote from: Lindi on September 11, 2017, 10:02:24 PM
Quote from: Yet_Another on September 11, 2017, 09:52:14 PM
In defence of the NGS, they were taking advantage of an opportunity which presented itself, and I would probably have done the same. When I bought mine, late yesterday, there were still more than plenty. I mean really
plenty.

Although I made a purchase from the NGS stand, I wasn't aware they were selling these TTA tanks as I would have purchased a rake if I had known.

If the NGS is selling these TTA wagons off then they should be made available through the NGS shop for all members to buy (including overseas members as it is there society as well)

Have you tried contacting them? They might be only too happy to get some more off their hands.

If they were available then they should be on the NGS site under the shop for all to members to buy. Someone else has already asked on the NGS io group but no answer yet.

I am with you on this one Lindi. I did not even know this model existed until I saw the pictures above. The NGS needs to be fair to all its members and just because there is a show is no defence to just selling them there and not on the web site. It is the same with the kit situation, why should there have been a push to get kits ready for this show when the membership have been waiting patiently for what seems like years! I left the Dapol Club for very similar reasons when too much emphasis is put on the Open Day which I could not attend either.

Ben A

Hello all,

I don't know how the decision to sell some of the plain black tankers came about (they are usually supplied with the chemical tanker kit, as they donate the chassis) but those on the NGS stand were very busy all weekend so it seems only fair that they take a couple of days breather now.

I imagine the question on the io group (which was set up for this sort of discussion wasn't it?) will be answered in due course.

Cheers

Ben A.
(NGS VP)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations