MJA Routes

Started by cutting42, August 02, 2018, 05:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailGooner

I've got a dozen of those myself Pete (@ EGLM). They are indeed manufactured by Dapol, and I have to agree with you they are far better than anything Dapol have released under their own marque.

Rabbitaway

My three pairs of GBRF MJAs arrived

Only one wagon had the problem with the brake pipe catching the wheel axle, sorted as explained in this thread (really, we should not have to be doing this if Dapol QC was better)

The couplers are a little out of line but no problem so far with random uncoupling

These are very nice wagons and great value for money

Pete @ EGLM

I have to report that following a session of fettling a dodgy wheel set, locating axles in their axleboxes properly and inserting the ends of the brake pipes properly, my MJAs are running nicely. 
I shouldn't have to do that, oh and just to be safe i've Put the spare bar couplers between the buffered ends.

Pete @ EGLMquote author=Pete @ EGLM link=topic=42104.msg522588#msg522588 date=1534271803]
I've recently bought some looky, likey IHA bogie hooded steel carriers from German company Modelbahn Union.  These have been running round my layout for the last half hour or so- not a single uncoupling or derailment so far....

They're made by Dapol, or at least come in boxes with Dapol branding.  It begs the question, are there different standards for models they make for third parties?  They feel generally more solid too.  Price is €23 each.

Pete @ EGLM
[/quote]

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations