Seated passengers for carriages

Started by trkilliman, February 14, 2018, 09:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkilliman

Currently building a number of carriages I'm thinking about adding some seated passengers.

For a station or park bench then the Farish offering would be idea, but for inside of coaches I'm wondering about the very cheap Chinese ones that are on ebay.

Has anyone on here bought them for this purpose, and how suited are they?  Thanks.

Newportnobby

To be honest, for all the viewing of them likely to be done, I'd buy the cheapest from whatever source (which wouldn't be the likes of Farish/Noch/Preiser etc). Doesn't matter if they are not sitting - just amputate the legs! :o

trkilliman

Legless passengers...sometimes encountered!  lol

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Like the time I fell asleep on a DMU from  Middleton -St George to Stockton and ended up at Redcar, or later on from Sydney to Wollongong and ended up in Kiama.....

But we'll  not go there.

NPN is quite  correct. El cheapo will be okay cos you'll be cutting them in half anyway!   :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

port perran

I'd go for the cheap option Steve.
For me, it's the effect that's important rather than absolute perfection.
I think you'd favour the cheap ones anyway  :D
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

mk1gtstu

I've used the cheap ebay ones for mine, a bit of amputation with the scalpel & just glue them in place,

Cheers, Stu
My Box File Layout (South Wales Valleys Colliery) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=10430.0

Porthkerry (A South Wales layout in BR Blue) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39654.0

Abercwm Colliery (South Wales Area) https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47521.0

Caz

Cheap Chinese in all my coaches, you invariably need to cut some of the leg anyway as the seat height from the floor in the coaches is quite low.  Maybe a touch of more sombre colour paint on the more brightly painted ones but even then they hardly notice once inside the carriages.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

BR Signalman

I have got a pack of these and they are more than adequate. Thing I did notice though is that some of them appear to be Z gauge, rather than N.

Bealman

Maybe they're meant to be rugrats?   ;)

trkilliman

Thank you for you replies...Chinese ones it will be then.

JonHarbour

I've got a pack of the unpainted cheap Chinese ones - couln't bring myself to get the paintd ones - they have no fashion sense!

It runs into several hundred individuals I think, maybe even 1,000. One of these days I'll get around to starting painting and surgery for my coaches...  :hmmm:
Still planning a layout...

Bealman

What.... a carriage load of naturalists?

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on February 16, 2018, 09:25:18 AM

Not a pleasant thought :no:
I'm now having a 'daymare' at 10.06 a.m. :o

daffy

Quote from: newportnobby on February 16, 2018, 10:07:00 AM
Quote from: Bealman on February 16, 2018, 09:25:18 AM

Not a pleasant thought :no:
I'm now having a 'daymare' at 10.06 a.m. :o

Why? :hmmm: It'll just be David Attenborough and his pals hanging out. :D

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

daffy

I was looking at figures from Noch this morning and noted that ModellbahnShop Lippe in Germany have 25% off all Noch products until 6pm CET on the 17th.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations