Map of layout locations

Started by railsquid, January 10, 2016, 04:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: moogle on March 06, 2016, 11:58:08 AM
:thankyousign: for this, great idea.
I've added Kilnevan.
Easy to spot on the map as its the only marker in Ireland!  :smiley-laughing:

BTW, How do I get it to show up individually and not as 'other'?

Grrrr.... The answer is, I'm not sure. I can give you the cheating answer, which is to put a number or symbol in front of your layout name, which catapults it to the top of the list, pushing someone else down to the 'Other' section, which isn't exactly ideal. Ultimately, the layouts are all displayed the same way on the map and it is only in the key that they get awkwardly grouped, but it is a source of frustration for me and something still on my 'to solve' list of problems.

Also, thanks to everyone who has posted their layout recently! It has gotten quite exciting in some areas :) Scotland still looks very barren and the north seems quite lightly serviced, but it is exciting to see NZ and the ROI lit up :)
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

AndyRA

Just added mine. As the layout covers three areas it's got three markers. Managed to add a picture for each location okay.
:NGF:

Andy A.
If it looks difficult it probably is, but might as well get on with it anyway!

Layout :- West Coast (Southern Section)
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=2531;u=5731

Full story and pics at:-
https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastSouthernSection/

The Q

After many attempts due to Google maps not allowing logging in. I eventually got it done.
Layout Tiree
Date 1963
Motive power mostly Steam
Notes, the layout actually was built on Tiree, now being restored  and modified to be more Tiree like. While now residing in Norfolk.
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38780.0

chrism

Just added The Coniston Railway - where the models are, not the originals which are a few miles away  ;)

weave

I'm on there but forget how you see it as I'm a  :dunce: and  :beers: lover.

Please remind me.

Thanks weave.

chrism

Quote from: weave on December 10, 2019, 11:23:12 AM
I'm on there but forget how you see it as I'm a  :dunce: and  :beers: lover.

Please remind me.

Thanks weave.

I found it by going the the forum menu bar, hovering my mouse over the NGF Links category and choosing Members Layouts Map. That opens a thread Map of Layout Locations (ah, this thread actually) at post 19 on page 2, which includes a link to open the map in a new window.

Invicta Alec

Was unaware of this thread. Just stuck Saxon Street onto it. Somewhere vaguely in Kent where you could see both red and green buses  ;D

Alec.
You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

weave

Thanks @chrism,

I thought it was a good idea at the time. I'd actually forgotten about it but still think it's a nice idea and maybe someone could resurrect it in a more user friendly fashion. I would but am no good with computers so if anyone out there is bored one day that would be great.

I still need to put my Principat d'Izaro layout on there to widen the geography a bit more.

Cheers weave  :beers:

port perran

I too had forgotten all about that.
Trepol Bay is on there but at my house not its actual location on the North Coast of Cornwall.
Not sure if the map is meant to show actual or fictional locations?
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

weave

Hi Martin,

I presumed it was the location of the fictional layout not where one lives.

Anyway, the more we talk about it the more members will know about it. I've now got to go back and remember how to do it  :doh:.

chrism

Quote from: port perran on December 10, 2019, 05:37:23 PM
Trepol Bay is on there but at my house not its actual location on the North Coast of Cornwall.

Quote from: weave on December 10, 2019, 06:37:40 PM

Good point. I've now moved mine to about halfway along the line - however, I must stress that The Coniston Railway is not fictional  :D

Invicta Alec

Quote from: weave on December 10, 2019, 06:37:40 PM

Yes, that's right.

Alec.
You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

Newportnobby

Quote from: port perran on December 10, 2019, 05:37:23 PM

Under 'NGF Links' there is the 'Members Global Map' which is for where you live (not the exact location for obvious reasons) and the 'Members Layouts Map' which should be used to locate your layout e.g. I have one near Oxford and one on the Cambs/Beds border

weave

Thank you,

I've never ever looked at NGF Links  :doh:. I'm sorry for being a complete numbnuts  :sorrysign:

chrism

Quote from: weave on December 10, 2019, 10:01:21 PM
I've never ever looked at NGF Links  :doh:.

Don't worry mate, until yesterday nor had I  ;)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations