what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

What I did yesterday was build and test my cant - which I've found is a bit OTT! So I'll be reducing it by 1mm, so it's less aggressive.

Not seen in this video but the 'crazy cant' did allow my CL47 to traverse the 9" radius curve at speed 100. Yes I have a deathwish, but I wanted to test extremes (capacity).
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

Chris Morris

I painted my wagons from the previous page. The went olive green but then got weathered along with the brake van.

Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Newportnobby

I'm waiting for DJ Models to put the olive green Mermaids into production. Only want a couple to go with the 4 x black ones I have.

4x2

Hi all ! Playing with these two at the moment.
Not posted for a while as I've been dabling in 009, but a chance bit of browsing found me an N loco I'd always wanted but never managed to find... Until now ! Farish 25 'Tamworth Castle' in the famous ice cream van livery. It needs a little TLC hence the missing bogie frames... The 73 was a Present from a friend who's trying to steer me back to N (and winning by the looks of it !) He knows I've a soft spot for ED's.

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Newportnobby

@4x2
Long time no hear, Mike. Sorry, but could you explain 'ice cream livery' to this eedjit please?

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

4x2

To be honest I haven't got a clue ! All I know is that the real loco is currently painted in this livery although badly faded. I saw the Farish one in a train set and have wanted one since and they don't come up often...
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

4x2

Mike

Bealman

Good pic!

I guess it's the yellow front that suggested an ice cream van?  :hmmm:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Ted

Some heavy weathering action took place last night:

Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

The Q

Nothing for the next fortnight,  as we have our Broadland model railway club show Next Week.  However plans are afoot for singling the main line and branch line,  it's 1964 and Beeching  is having an effect...

Pjlons83

I've spent my evenings this week doing my first metcalfe kit. I've been through the whole range of emotions. I wasn't enjoying it at first but once I got into it I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm certain there'll be more in the future.

I took the time to paint the edges and line the inside with black card and light it up which was worth the effort I think;

I'm not sure that the picture does it justice and the lights may need dimming a little with resistors on the final layout but I'm very happy! I still have "building B" to do but I'm waiting for some smaller cable as there's not as much space and the cable I used here was just what I had and it's a bit over-kill.

It's amazing how the time passes when I'm doing things like this!
Gold Hill - my rule 1, "just for fun" micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

Hailstone

May I suggest that you paint the led's with Tamiya clear yellow, which would both tone down the brightness but also simulate older style tungsten filament lights.

Regards,

Alex

T-TRAK_Andrew

Always learning, from both wins and losses.
My Model Railway blog: http://ttrakandrew.wordpress.com/
My FlickR Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/85896932@N07/

Pjlons83

Quote from: Hailstone on October 04, 2018, 07:50:05 PM
May I suggest that you paint the led's with Tamiya clear yellow

Thanks for the tip. I'll remember this for another time. I can't get to them now but it's a great idea. Depending how the finished layout ends up I could cut in from the back (unseen side) if it doesn't look right.

Regards
Paul
Gold Hill - my rule 1, "just for fun" micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations