Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeovil and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

daveg

Nice one GB!

I'm told, depending on exactly where you are, it can get chilly over there in BC, so wrap up well.

Good luck with the move. Hope you plan to stay in touch once you're settled back in t'other side!

Dave G

Newportnobby

Having done the Cumbrian Mountain Express behind Brit 'Oliver Cromwell' courtesy of WCRC you're in for a grand time of it, Graham. We thought 'to hell with Premier dining' and took our own picnic/booze.
Here's 'Leander' on the 'Fellsman' in 2015...........

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcz7o53dv8pk0n6/45690%20Leander%20on%20%27Fellsman%27%2017.6.15.MOV?dl=0

grumbeast

Quote from: daveg on January 05, 2017, 12:13:57 PM
Nice one GB!

I'm told, depending on exactly where you are, it can get chilly over there in BC, so wrap up well.

Good luck with the move. Hope you plan to stay in touch once you're settled back in t'other side!

Dave G

Thanks Man,

Lived in NS and NB for 16 years so used to Winter, and we're moving to the interior around the Okanagan so not silly prairie cold :)

This is still my go-to forum for N so I'll stay in touch for sure

Quote from: newportnobby on January 05, 2017, 12:37:53 PM
Having done the Cumbrian Mountain Express behind Brit 'Oliver Cromwell' courtesy of WCRC you're in for a grand time of it, Graham. We thought 'to hell with Premier dining' and took our own picnic/booze.
Here's 'Leander' on the 'Fellsman' in 2015...........

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcz7o53dv8pk0n6/45690%20Leander%20on%20%27Fellsman%27%2017.6.15.MOV?dl=0

Thanks NN, The wife has pushed the boat out and booked me premier dining so I'm going all swanky like!!

Newportnobby

Quote from: grumbeast on January 05, 2017, 02:55:12 PM

Thanks NN, The wife has pushed the boat out and booked me premier dining so I'm going all swanky like!!

Let's have some pics of you and your wife in your finery then :camera:

grumbeast

Quote from: newportnobby on January 05, 2017, 02:57:52 PM
Quote from: grumbeast on January 05, 2017, 02:55:12 PM

Let's have some pics of you and your wife in your finery then :camera:

She's sending me on my own! A weekend of trains.. I'll have to wear a shirt  I guess!

Newportnobby

You lucky man!!!

Quote from: grumbeast on January 05, 2017, 03:44:22 PM
I'll have to wear a shirt  I guess!

Unless the dress code is pretty lax you might have to wear more than just a shirt :uneasy:

Webbo

Quote from: grumbeast on January 05, 2017, 10:25:07 AM
OK, don't normally do this sort of thing, but wanted to mention how awesome my wife is

We are moving back to Canada this spring (hopefully not later), and for my Birthday (which is later in Jan) she has booked me to take the Winter Cumbrian Mountain Express behind Leander!!!!  Its unlikely we'll ever return to the UK (it'll just cost too much from BC) and so she wanted me to have a last UK railtrip and do it in style :) :)

She is the best

G

Good stuff Graham

With respect to return trips to the UK, never say never. I bet that it won't cost you much more to fly to London from Vancouver (over the pole) than to fly from Halifax to London.

Webbo

Kipper

Well, it is a long time since I was on here, having been wrestling with the Big C, again. Seems to have gone away again, hopefully for good this time. Now I can concentrate on modelling again, and get that layout built once and for all.

Newportnobby

That's fantastic news, Kipper! Let's hope the bugger's vanquished for good. :thumbsup:

railsquid

Ditto to that  :thumbsup:

In other news I learnt today that my work situation has improved for the better, somewhat complex to explain but I was "temporarily" on a fixed schedule for a long time (with no sign of the "temporary" bit ending) which kept me tied at home every weekday, which sounds nice (especially because the office is also the railway room, or vice-versa) but after a while you notice you end up like this:

[mod]Link containing unacceptable language removed - this is a family-friendly forum![/mod]

Steamie+

Quote from: Kipper on January 06, 2017, 12:02:59 AM
Well, it is a long time since I was on here, having been wrestling with the Big C, again. Seems to have gone away again, hopefully for good this time. Now I can concentrate on modelling again, and get that layout built once and for all.

Really glad to hear you have beaten it. Now get on with your layout.     :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

dannyboy

Wot Steamie said  :thumbsup: Good luck with it all.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

paulprice

I have just found the greatest thing that will ensure we get a lot of Modelling done on a weekend, and its available to everyone.

JUST LOOK AT THE DROSS THATS ON TV SATURDAY NIGHTS, it worked for me last weekend, at the first sound of the "noise" coming from the TV (not mentioning the programmes) it was either take a corkscrew to my ears or off to Model :)

Bob Tidbury

Here here I agree there is absolute rubbish on TV at the weekend ,but because its so cold I don't go down the shed as often as I could,the gas bottles are so expensive so it's not worth putting the Super Ser fire on unless I am going to be down for at least three or four hours as by the time I'm getting warm I have to go back up the house .
But I have got loads of railway DVDs and videos to pass the time away ,
I now go on trips on the Rocky Mountaineer and other rail journeys in the comfort of my own settles ,I have a vivid  imagination and just Dream I'm on the train myself even Val has watched some of the DVDs and quite enjoyed them..
Bob

GeeBee

Hi, I have been away for a long while as after the new year Pam was rushed into hospital at 2 in the morning with an unidentified illness that was shutting down all her renal functions the really good news is I have got her back after 14 days of IV's antidiabolics painkillers and massive amounts of fluids by IV she is now recovering slowly and wonders what had hit her (It wasn't me by the way) according to the hospital recovery could well take at least another month BUT SHES HOME YEH. :claphappy:  :claphappy:  :claphappy:  :claphappy:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations