Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: daffy on February 22, 2017, 08:32:47 PM
I've just watched a video on my iPad of my 6 month old grandson trying to crawl across a carpet while his twin sister look on and tries to join in.

Magic. :) :) :) :)

Now all you need to do is train them to seek out all those parts that ping off into the carpetmuncher :D

daffy

Quote from: newportnobby on February 22, 2017, 08:36:01 PM
I've just watched a video on my iPad of my 6 month old grandson trying to crawl across a carpet while his twin sister look on and tries to join in.

Now all you need to do is train them to seek out all those parts that ping off into the carpetmuncher :D

It's on the list. :thumbsup: Just below 'How to look after grandparents , Part 1: Tea.'
:)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Steamie+

It's great looking at videos when they were babies...it gets better when they get older and you show them while they have friends round or at family get togethers......  :bounce: :bounce: off the ceiling with laughter is in order..  :laugh:

austinbob

My favourite trick is, when one of the grandchildren has a baby I show them pictures of when they were a baby. Always gets a load of smiles and laughs.
Very glad I've kept all the photos of the family (and steam trains) over the years. They're all scanned in to the computer and catalogued so I don't have to worry about losing the negs or prints.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

cycletrak9

Quote from: austinbob on February 23, 2017, 08:16:42 AM
They're all scanned in to the computer and catalogued so I don't have to worry about losing the negs or prints.

I've done the same Bob, but make sure you've got some external backup in case the computer lets you down.

Mike

austinbob

Quote from: cycletrak9 on February 23, 2017, 08:22:02 AM
Quote from: austinbob on February 23, 2017, 08:16:42 AM
They're all scanned in to the computer and catalogued so I don't have to worry about losing the negs or prints.

I've done the same Bob, but make sure you've got some external backup in case the computer lets you down.

Mike
Certainly have done backups. Amazon cloud, BT cloud and external hard drive - talk about overkill. It was a hell of a lot of work to scan a life's worth of photos. I have over 20000 photos, around 15000 are old tech (negs and prints). So there's no way I'm gonna risk losing them.
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

cycletrak9

Wow! what a task - how long did that take you? When I did mine there were only about 1500 images and I thought that was a big job.

austinbob

Quote from: cycletrak9 on February 23, 2017, 12:47:04 PM
Wow! what a task - how long did that take you? When I did mine there were only about 1500 images and I thought that was a big job.
Must have taken about 3 years overall - fitting in an hour or two here and there.
Wouldn't want to do it again!!

Bob Austin

Trainfish

This may appear to some to be in the wrong thread but in my mind it isn't and it's something I've touched on before but never actually said what was going on.
So, yesterday we had my mum cremated. She passed away on Feb 9th after 6 months battling lung and pancreatic cancer which in turn caused diabetes. She fought it like mad which all the family were surprised at but she was always in pain and often tried to hide it from myself and my brother and sister. This is the reason I've put it in this thread as she is no longer in pain and is at rest. It was a very emotional day yesterday as our family is spread out across the world and unfortunately it's only occasions like these when we all get together. I'm now pleased to have got this off my chest and will try to continue with my layout soon.

RIP mum
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

So sorry to hear this news, John :(
I'm sure against such odds your Mum put up a tremendous fight. I know from experience it's a huge shame such an occurrence is the only thing getting a family together.
May your Mum rest in peace.

dannyboy

Sorry to hear about your Mum John, but as you say, she is no longer in pain. My sister fought cancer for two years but she too is now at rest. My condolences to you and your family.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Skyline2uk

Elequent and inspiring words John.

Nobody wants to only see loved ones in times of sadness, but it is then they are needed most.

Condolences to you and all the family.

Skyline2uk

Bob Tidbury

:sorrysign: to hear your news but understand you posting in the happy thread I often think when Ive been to a funeral and see people crying etc that they are crying for themselves not the person who has passed away ,I can see your point at least your mother is not in pain any more .I actually went to work the week my own mother passed away and my workmates just couldnt understand me , I never visit my Dads grave or where my Mums ashes are because I dont need to all my memories are in my head ,and although outwardly I dont show it I often have a quiet moment on my own and go over thing that happened in the past, I might be down the shed for instance and something comes into my head so I just sit and remember the good times we had .
But my thoughts are with you and your family.
Regards
Bob Tidbury

Mito

My condolences too. I'm glad that she is without pain now and that you can get on with living again.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

daffy

I lost my mother to cancer many years ago when I was in my twenties. She, like yours, fought long and hard. My thoughts and empathy are with you and your family.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations