What are you modelling?

Started by guest2, November 26, 2010, 09:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KainHarkins

I'm currently trying to replicate a class 60 going through the super 60 overhaul process with a tpm body I received but required some attention when I got it.

I'm currently half way through trying to remove the roof so I can add plasticard to replicate the bulkheads as you can see when the roof is removed, but I'm kinda stuck at the moment because I need to work out how to cut a straight enough line right down the length of the side/roof join

Daviespot

Interesting thread. I've started on what I hope will be BR around 1960/5 in the Bradford area. Never been, but pictures I'very found so afar are very inspiring. Dave.

Railwaygun

'm currently half way through trying to remove the roof so I can add plasticard to replicate the bulkheads as you can see when the roof is removed, but I'm kinda stuck at the moment because I need to work out how to cut a straight enough line right down the length of the side/roof join

remove body

find a piece of wood that fits snuggly inside the body

get 2 steel rulers

make a sandwich - Ruler then body(+wood) then ruler. make sure the top of the ruler is on the cut line you may need a thin padding layer to protect the paintwork

gently fit sandwich into a vice and tighten

score the line with a NEW scalpel blade ( or several) and keep scoring till a cut is made

Simples!
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Skyliner

Just joined as Tank showed me the way ! I'm building Edinburgh Waverley at the moment. Just spent 2 years in the garden with G scale and OO and I give up with the weather . .  Now I can do it every day ! Been building model railways since I was a kid and I still scratch build everything apart from the track and trains !
Steveskyliner

Newportnobby

Hi Steve, and welcome to the forum :wave:
It would be nice to see some pics of what you're getting up to in N please

steve836

:hellosign:
Hi Steve,
  Welcome. Last time I was in Edinburgh I thought Waverly would make a great layout, even if one was pushed for space the approach tracks between the two bridges would be interesting with the platforms etc. hidden under the roof. What era are you into? I hope you will have plenty of A4's.
  :photospleasesign:
Regards another Steve
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

mr bachmann

at present a small tunnel for the kids of NWmrc  , with lights  :doh:

carlstavros

Late 80s, early 90s Western region for me, pre privatisation. It's the era I spent many days either at Chippenham or Temple Meads. So many different locos and liveries. Although not strictly Western region I have a couple of NSE locos too.

Cheers,
Carl

BrakeCoach

I am modeling 1950s WITH the 1980/90s. So the B1s go with the Intercity225s  :laughabovepost:

Morris1800

Good evening all.

I am returning to N after a fair few years of absence. I have always kept an eye on the gauge and the improvements that have been made. Detail and running qualities have vastly changed the scale, ultimately leading me to recently purchase 2 Dapol Westerns and a rake of GF Mk.1's
Something attracts me to the Western Region of the 60/70's. Will see what comes of it.

Have enjoyed trawling this site tonight. Off to continue now.

Bye for now.

Newportnobby

Hi Morris1800, and welcome to the forum :wave:
When you have time, how about a post in the Introduction section telling us about your plans in N e.g. DC/DCC, era, location, space available etc?

Quote from: Morris1800 on March 15, 2017, 09:37:57 PM

Have enjoyed trawling this site tonight. Off to continue now.

Bye for now.

See you in a couple of years then! ;D

Morris1800

:P

:thankyousign:

Maybe 50th anniversary of the western withdrawl by the time I post next!

Quote from: Tractor37 on June 25, 2016, 10:20:57 PM

Got a liking for class 37s so expect to see them a plenty in various liveries.

I like the sound of this.

I stopped railway modelling about 18 years ago when the newly expanded family moved into the current house and house renovation and family life took priority. A recent loft clear out led to a rediscovery of my N-gauge bits and a reawakening of interest.

I never got round to building a layout all those years ago but when a layout does eventually get built, it will be a fictitious location in the north of England  near the border with Scotland set around 1988 to 1995. Most of my locos are Poole era Farish 37's in BR blue or Large logo BR but a Regional Railways and RFD have crept in, all repaints. The next most numerous are Lima 86's, 4 of them all repainted either RES or RFD with new pantographs but I'm not sure if they will still run.

There will be 2 Class 60's and 2 Class 26's, both 26's will be on engineering duties hauling a mixture of kit built wagons. I have around 25 kits to build, mostly from the N-gauge Society but also Ian Stoate Models and John Grey.

Carriages will be a mix of BR blue and grey and Regional Railways MK2, the RR are conversions using TPM inlays and transfers (how very retro).

I plan to have a 125 HST set with Intercity swallow livery and also a Class 91, maybe a 90 or two as well.

A blue and grey 101 and Regional Railways 158 complete the stock, not sure if I will get any more DMU's as I prefer locos but never say never.

N Scale Newbie

I am modelling owt I can get my hands on after a 40 year absence  and enjoying building a small estate of 4 in a block terraced houses. So far 8 blocks and a terraced block with shops courtisey of Wordsworth Model railway free down loads. Don't forget to print at 51.35% as 1005 is for 00. But best of all I am getting a lot of enjoyment doing it as it is a challenge compared to 00 that I also model :wave: :wave: Makes it worth while.
Happy but permanently confused with wiring diagrams due to cardio vascular damage. I used to have a brain but now have Reagans walnut.

Dazeenie

I will model the UK North East with some Class 66s, Scratchbuilt Metros and dapol's Pacers when they come out.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations