what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zwilnik

Having a bit of a rethink with Ivebridge and rebuilding it a little smaller and learning from the previous two layouts. Keeping some key elements and integrating them into the new one though.

pctrainman

Lifting some track and a set of points and installing a double slip plus a new curved set of points , installing an extra LS 100 and wiring it up and then addresing it and setting pulse duration and also installing a Lenz Feedback bus to give feedback from Cobalts to LS 100's , and to further complicate matters i'm reassigning some Railcom blocks in preparation for Traincontoller to take charge .

Bob Tidbury

pctrainman ,  I didn't realise  we could use a foreign language on this Forum Ha Ha Ha,.
Bob.

pctrainman

Tell me about it Bob , I spent 10 years honing my IT knowledge and trying to keep up with Microsofts scams and then I decided to take the plunge with DCC and computer control and had to learn a brand new subject all over again , a steep learning curve does not even begin to describe it .

maridunian

My layout: Mwynwr Tryciau Colliery, the Many Tricks Mine.

My 3D Modelshop: Maridunian's Models

Newportnobby

Sorry, but I found the first track clean using IPA then removed the paint from the track painter (guess I must have oversoaked the pads in my WS track cleaner)
I spray track and ballast with Railmatch sleeper grime then wipe the tops of the rails before it dries.

maridunian

Quote from: newportnobby on January 07, 2017, 09:14:08 PM
Sorry, but I found the first track clean using IPA then removed the paint from the track painter.

Ah,  I'm more a rubber man!

Mike
My layout: Mwynwr Tryciau Colliery, the Many Tricks Mine.

My 3D Modelshop: Maridunian's Models

austinbob

Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

railsquid

Bodging an elevated viaduct situation into place.

knotmore-street-mockup-2017-01-08a by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Excuse the mess, I'm sure there's a layout under there somewhere  :beers:

keithbythe sea

Trainfish

Quote from: railsquid on January 08, 2017, 01:31:10 PM
Bodging an elevated viaduct situation into place.

knotmore-street-mockup-2017-01-08a by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Excuse the mess, I'm sure there's a layout under there somewhere  :beers:

The lobster looks quite inviting  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

paulprice

Well thanks to the Fantastic Domestic Overlord, helping to get Foster Street back up and running in the spare room, I can now play with my trains again, sorry operate my trains.

The problem is rather that run them, the paint shop opened its doors, and I now have a load of items slowly drying.

paulprice

Quote from: newportnobby on January 10, 2017, 08:46:47 PM
Maybe you should have locked the paint shop doors from the outside :hmmm:
I lost the keys... still the good news is I have managed to get the bolsters from the landship pack into something more useful, all I need to do now is finish the weathering on the 4F

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations