World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

Oh dear, oh dear.
Just not quite good enough I think.
A valiant effort but well done Croatia.
But I believe England can hold their heads high.
A Shame.....but  there it is.
Over and out.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

themadhippy

englands coming home,
there  coming home, there coming
englands coming home
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Mr. Germanman

:'(
Next Sunday i am for the Frenchmen
Better a small and ugly Layout as no Modelrailway

Newportnobby

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 18, 2018, 09:19:55 PM
A few things to admire but still too many nail biting moments, and if they fail to put away the chances they created it will be their undoing.

England should have had it wrapped up in the first half. I can't believe Gareth Southgate said to them at half time "I want you to go out and lose the plot" so why did they? We had the usual heart in the mouth moments due to dumb back passes etc and I don't wonder Clive Tilsley asked why they put their supporters through the wringer. I have to say, overall the better team won and, considering the extra time they'd played before, they showed great stamina.
Oh well, maybe in another 4 years.......................

TrevL

They think it's all over, it is now!

Nothing against England, I just hate football.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

scottmitchell74

Sorry about that England side. The Croats are just on some sort of amazing run, and I'm pulling for them hard against the French Sunday.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

guest311

at the risk of another attack,

while I do not follow the overpaid actors who kick a ball around,

I AM VERY PROUD OF THE YOUNG PLAYERS WHO RAISED ENGLAND'S REPUTATION IN THE WORLD CUP !

ok, they didn't win their semi final, but there is still the game for 3rd / 4th place.

and I  would dare to suggest that they have upheld the highest standards on the SPORT.

many people may have argued against the youth of this team, but IMHO  they have totally outshone the so called big names, with their multi million pound contracts.

THESE LADS PLAYED FOOTBALL, THEY GAVE THEIR BEST, AND THEY DID NOT RESORT TO ACTING, AGGRESSION ETC.

THEY ARE AN EXAMPLE TO EVERY YOUNGSTER WHO KICKS A BALL AROUND.

sorry if some do not agree with my views, but if you don't, tough luck.

THEY ARE AN INSPIRATION.

PeteW

Quote from: class37025 on July 11, 2018, 10:55:06 PM
THESE LADS PLAYED FOOTBALL, THEY GAVE THEIR BEST, AND THEY DID NOT RESORT TO ACTING, AGGRESSION ETC.

THEY ARE AN EXAMPLE TO EVERY YOUNGSTER WHO KICKS A BALL AROUND.

Quite. And there's another tournament in two years. It might still come home!

Webbo

I like the look of the French team and their chances in the final, but I'm supporting Croatia (along with Scott) as they will be even greater underdogs for this game than they were against England.

You can call me Webbitch until after the game is played.

Webbic

Bealman

Just watched the replay. Not that it's worth anything, but my assessment is that England had a great first half, but lost the plot in the second.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

keithbythe sea

Overall, "the lads done good", a true credit.

I favour France in the final but Croatia will not go easily....

RailGooner

:'( Our eldest has both France and Croatia in her work's sweepstake, so every cloud etc.

daffy

One of the ITV commentators in the second half kept saying there was nothing between the teams, and it was anyone's game. I'm sure he wasn't watching the same game as me!
Sadly England seemed to lose the plot in the second half, and Croatia were far more proactive and hungry for the ball. England were by far the cleaner team, and I often felt the Ref was wrong in his decisions. England did extremely well to reach the semis, and after the first half I thought they would win through.
A great team of young players, an inspiration for so many, and I look forward to their playoff game against Belgium.

Next time...........
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bob Tidbury

I agree with Daffy ,I don't know why but Croatia seemed to me to allways pass the ball and there was a team member there to take it England just didn't seem to be able to do that ,they had some good chances once they did get possession of the ball but there was no team member there to support them.
And my observation is from someone who doesn't follow football ,England were definitely the cleaner players with far less questionable tackles.
Just my penny worth .
Bob Tidbury

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations