World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Being a mod, perhaps I shouldn't comment, but I might head back to Canberra  ;) :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Although the residents of Trémargat St. Croix are Breton, they are still French so Vive La France!...

https://www.passiondutrain.com/2015/07/cc-72030-en-livree-tricolore-chalindrey_14.html ....

and revenge for our English friends.

Santé weave  :beers:

Philip.

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 15, 2018, 09:37:15 AM
Quote from: Tornado on July 15, 2018, 07:55:43 AM
Quote from: Newportnobby on July 14, 2018, 05:27:37 PMI feel sorry for non-footie viewers whose Sunday afternoon becomes "Which commentary do I prefer?" Even worse if they don't like tennis either!

No need to feel sorry, after the TDF is over this non footie viewer will be outside enjoying the glorious weather again :claphappy: :D

I dare say by then our 'summer' will be over and it will be back to  :rain: and  :cold:

I blame you Newportnobby, no sooner has the world cup finished, the clouds started to roll in, and now it's black as a bag over Penzance  ;D ;D ;D

dannyboy

I too blame NPN! His comment was made yesterday evening - it rained during the night and has rained virtually non-stop all day. Now I have to agree it has not rained here for nearly 3 weeks and the farmers will welcome the rain, but it will turn my grass green again and make it grow. That means I will have to find the lawnmower  :(. Still, there is one good outcome to all the rain, my car looks a nice shiny maroon again instead of the brown dusty looking thing it has been.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

So.....a win for France. Well done to them.
I think the final sums up the whole competition, great football, controversy, goals, unpredictability et al.
A truly magnificent competition, well run and organised. I enjoyed it throughout.
VAR has its critics and its faults and frailties but it worked.
Generally, apart from the odd team, it was a sporting competition with mercifully few red cards.
Well done Russia, well done France, well done Croatia and Well done England for exceeding most people's expectations.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Mito

Thank goodness that's all over for another 4 years.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

joe cassidy

Don't forget the olympics in 2 years.

Looking forward to the skateboarding !

Mito

I'll face the Olympics when they come.
My son is a skateboard fanatic, much to the annoyance of his doctor!
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Newportnobby

Quote from: port perran on July 15, 2018, 08:03:46 PM
So.....a win for France. Well done to them.
I think the final sums up the whole competition, great football, controversy, goals, unpredictability et al.
A truly magnificent competition, well run and organised. I enjoyed it throughout.
VAR has its critics and its faults and frailties but it worked.
Generally, apart from the odd team, it was a sporting competition with mercifully few red cards.
Well done Russia, well done France, well done Croatia and Well done England for exceeding most people's expectations.

I agree with most of what Martin says about the World Cup, although I think there was far too much diving and not enough yellow/red cards from the refs.
The final was a smashing game, full of excitement and attacking football. Did the best team of the two win? I'd have to say not.

Bealman

Having just gotten up, you've got me looking forward to the replay!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations