Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaiwhara

First job as a certified Locomotive Engineer, 4AM Standby!!!!!

Let's see how long that lasts... :laugh:
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

daveg

Quote from: kaiwhara on November 08, 2012, 06:32:07 AM
First job as a certified Locomotive Engineer, 4AM Standby!!!!!

Let's see how long that lasts... :laugh:

Congrats - I think! :claphappy:

Dave G

Jack

Quotecertified

Does that mean they have mad train drivers in NZ?  :laugh:

Congrats on gaining your loco licence.  :claphappy:
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

kaiwhara

I would have thought you'd have to be mad to work for the Railways full stop!!

I can take my L plates off now, let see what happens!!!  :laugh:
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Jerry Howlett

Congrats here's to your long service award.  :thumbsup:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Donkey

Went to visit my mum in her nursing home tonight. She has terrible dementia bless her and no longer recognises me or any of the family. For the last 12 months or so she has refused to talk to me and usually chases me out within 30 seconds or so. Tonight she let me sit with her and had a lovely chat for half an hour. I am absolutely floating on air at the moment  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Marty

Newportnobby

Yay!
That has got to be a result :thumbsup:
I'm so pleased for you, Marty :claphappy:

Jack

Quote from: Donkey on November 08, 2012, 09:03:50 PM
Went to visit my mum in her nursing home tonight. She has terrible dementia bless her and no longer recognises me or any of the family. For the last 12 months or so she has refused to talk to me and usually chases me out within 30 seconds or so. Tonight she let me sit with her and had a lovely chat for half an hour. I am absolutely floating on air at the moment  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Marty

Having worked in a Care Home a few years back (SWMBO works as a senior Nurse in one still), that will be a wonderful treasure for you Marty!! Long may the happy thoughts linger  :claphappy:
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Caz

Quote from: Donkey on November 08, 2012, 09:03:50 PM

Marty

Absolutely fantastic for you to have your mum back for a few hours, how precious is that  :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

daveg

That's brilliant, Marty.  :)

Dave G

longbridge

I am very happy for you Marty and I know exactly how you feel, my Dad was in a nursing home for 3 years and died with Alzheimer's.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Dock Shunter

That is so nice to hear Marty..........be sure to treasure those moments and i hope you get to have more lovely chats with your mum........... :thumbsup:

trainsdownunder

Must have been fantastic.

Mother in law has Alzeimers and if I'm lucky I get called the husband, but most times it's just "him" .

Cimmerian

Quote from: trainsdownunder on November 09, 2012, 02:25:25 AM

Mother in law has Alzeimers and if I'm lucky I get called the husband, but most times it's just "him" .

That's better than I get called and there's nothing wrong with my mother-in-law.  ;D

But that's great news, Marty. Must have been great.
Regards, Ken

Caz

Just been out for a meal with friends in Arroyo de la Miel (about 2kms from where I live) and we went to a Chinese and all had one of their set menus.  Choice of half a dozen starters, 16 mains and a choice of coffee or ice cream, we all had a drink (2 beers and 1 wine),  this time it was my time to pay, the bill came to the princely sum of 17.10 euros (about 15 quid UK?), more than enough food, we were all well stuffed, who's a happy teddy then (but still nursing a sore cut finger and don't care  :) )
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77%