Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J sorby and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

SebBrady

Most of my stuff is in fact Japanese stock! And yeah I got all my unitrack from Train Trax over the xmas period when I decided it was time I should actually purchase it, when I next have it all out I shall post it up. Is there a specific place on this forum where you post up pictures of your stock?

daveg

:welcomesign: Seb

That's one heck of a starter kit!

Look forward to learning what happens next.

Dave G

SebBrady

Hi Daveg, not sure whats in the pipeline next I just saw them and pretty much decided that I needed them, im concentrating on my next jap layout atm however I shall post details soon :)

scotsoft

Pengi

Quote from: SebBrady on July 30, 2013, 08:09:55 PM
Thought id post up :) get myself out there and known! Purchased these 4 items over the weekend... now having a childhood fascination with the tunnel this was probably the best moment of my train buying obsession! ;) But hey keeps us off the streets ;)

Got my hands on two le-shuttle locomotives (Class 9s) as well as an 8 Car Eurostar set and a 12 car Eurostar set. All in all very very happy! seen here having a test run on the good old unitrack! Enjoy!

Just caught up with this thread. Jealous of your 12 car Eurostar  :envy: I have the 8 car model (my first N scale purchase) and also a 10 car Kato Thalys (that I run with 8 cars so that it fits on my station). They are fantastic runners - they sashay through my Kato superelevated S curves at 220 mph scale speed with no issues.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

grumbeast

Awesome purchases Seb!

I also model Japanese trains ( amongst other things too!) and my first purchase in ages arrived Monday.  Granted its not Kato but Tomix (I think the quality is on par no problems) but allow me to introduce one of the most beautiful electric locos ever,

The EF66!

Graham

Claude Dreyfus

Nice!

I do agree...the EF66 is a very stylish loco.

SebBrady

Does look impressive, i have some Tomix stuff as well which like you say is good! Ive been looking at the EF66 for a while now just can never decide if its nice or not! i do love the Jap Loco hauled stuff though!

Claude Dreyfus

The prototypes are very flexible...real mixed traffic locos. They are still in service, used on what remaining loco hauled passenger trains (including sleepers) as well as frieght...more often than not long distance container services...

Lawrence

Nice to see a growing interest in Japanese railways on here  :D

tadpole

New blue/grey bubble car added to the WR fleet....

Arriving at Salisbury on a morning working from Bristol, paired with a 108.

Strengthening a 101 (also a recent addition) on a morning peak working to Bristol.

Filling in for a defective Swindon power car on the afternoon service to (funnily enough) Swindon

I think my decrepit old 101 railcar creation can now be pit out of its misery

Two rails good. Three better.

texhorse

Here's one of my latest :  Indiana Railroad SD90MAC43.  I have four I purchased within a month, so I'll upload the others shortly.

Andy

Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

texhorse

This is a Norfolk Southern GEVO in Pennsylvania Heritage colours :

Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Luke Piewalker

40 Courtesy of eBay, wagons a souvenir of my trip to NRM Shildon.

Claude Dreyfus

Quote from: Lawrence on July 31, 2013, 08:11:01 AM
Nice to see a growing interest in Japanese railways on here  :D

A bit like knotweed really!  :uneasy:

Easy to start with, virulent when you get going and once you get it impossible to shake off...not that you would ever wamt to, of course!

That said, my latest arrival is a Bachmann Alco RS3 in NYC livery...in H0! Get thee behind me Satan!  :P

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations