England v Pakistan Test series

Started by Philip., August 06, 2020, 10:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crewearpley40

Agree with comments raised above. Fielding practice this morning. Be an achievement if jimmy takes 600 th wicket after Crawley and buttler laid the foundations

Newportnobby

Interesting to hear Bess's post match comments on the Beeb that it was very dark out there so seeing the ball was difficult in fielding. All I can say is the Pakistanis seemed able to see the ball well enough to knock it around the ground. Maybe more carrots required in the English diet.
I felt so sorry for Anderson and, as has been said, how he didn't explode I just don't know. Probably because it's just not cricket to do so. I just loved Broad's rage at dropping a catch so he hurled the ball at the wickets and got a run out! ;D

Philip.

Fingers [and everything else crossed] they manage to get a few overs in today, be a crying shame if Jimmy is stranded on 599  :'(

If Southampton has had similar weather to me in Cornwall it will take a massive mop up job to get the pitch ready. The rain is blowing through quickly so maybe some play after lunch?

port perran

Quote from: Philip. on August 25, 2020, 09:01:25 AM
Fingers [and everything else crossed] they manage to get a few overs in today, be a crying shame if Jimmy is stranded on 599  :'(

If Southampton has had similar weather to me in Cornwall it will take a massive mop up job to get the pitch ready. The rain is blowing through quickly so maybe some play after lunch?

Hopefully. Yes, it's cleared up now and the drier weather is heading East so maybe some play later.
Mind you, they'll need at leat three hours allowing the fielders to drop five easy chances before Jimmy gets his 600😆
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

I agree in the hope Jimmy can reach his 600th test wicket in the limited play available but I reckon the game's headed for a draw :(

Philip.

Word from the ground is it could take 4-5 hours from when it stops raining to get it fit to play, not looking good I'm afraid.

port perran

Quote from: Philip. on August 25, 2020, 11:03:16 AM
Word from the ground is it could take 4-5 hours from when it stops raining to get it fit to play, not looking good I'm afraid.
And if the weather is moving East it's not good as it's absolutely pouring down here.

Philip.

Quote from: port perran on August 25, 2020, 11:09:14 AM
Quote from: Philip. on August 25, 2020, 11:03:16 AM
And if the weather is moving East it's not good as it's absolutely pouring down here.

It's sunny in Penzance [I kid you not]  :)

Philip.

Jimmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

port perran

crewearpley40

An achievement in itself. Match drawn and england the series

Newportnobby

Huge achievement by Jimmy. Loved the comedy cameo of Sibley's bowling :smiley-laughing:

Philip.

A shame they couldn't play the last hour, but I guess the light may have been a problem with Anderson and Broad steaming in with the new ball.

Considering all that's going on in the world it has been a great summer of Cricket and full credit must be given to the West Indies and Pakistan for coming over, it can't have been an easy decision to make, and also to the ECB for organising it so well.

Now it's time for white balls and pyjamas, loads of Cricket still to come  :D

port perran

Yes, I echo the comments of @Phillip .
Many thanks to both the West Indies and Pakistan for coming over.
Yes, lots of cricket still to come.
Ido watch the one day games and the 20-20 but it doesn't hold my attention as much as Test Cricket.
Having said that, lots of people prefer it and the game has to keep moving on.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations