Graham Farish N Gauge Buses

Started by Adam1701D, July 12, 2011, 04:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1701D

I have just sent GF a request to find out when the Scenecraft buses are likely to appear, as there is no info on the website. They looks nearly ready at the Toy Fair back in March but all has gone quiet since then.

Really wanting some Leyland Nationals and Atlanteans to bolster my N London Country fleet.

Also suggested that some UK N Gauge cars from the 70s, 80s and 90s might not go amiss.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

OwL

Would love to see some modern image stuff from these guys:

Ford Transit Van (Network Rail livery and plain white)
Ford Focus (every 2.4 family seems to own one)
VW Golf/Polo
Renault Clio
Vauxhall Vectra
Citroen Saxo
BMW 5 series
Audi A6
Modern Buses
MAN lorries (general orange or yellow for council vehicles)
Modern emergency vehicles, Fire, Ambulance, Police
and finally a Caterham 7 in British Racing Green ;)......... :P

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

upnick

H

Quote from: captainelectra on July 12, 2011, 04:49:20 PM
I have just sent GF a request to find out when the Scenecraft buses are likely to appear, as there is no info on the website. They looks nearly ready at the Toy Fair back in March but all has gone quiet since then.

Yep, they've certainly dragged their feet over these - they were displayed at last years TINGS.

H.

H

Slightly worryingly their website has been updated and the buses have now gone from being marked as 'on order' to being 'out of stock'. Does anyone know what has happened - did they come in for a few days and have now all been sold? Hattons don't appear to have any.

H.

woodbury22uk

Hattons have done some updates to delivery dates for the Scenecraft N gauge buses. The ones with the specific delivery date "on or after 19th August 2013" have been revised based on info. from Bachmann. Interestingly the new arrivals include two of the Guy Arab Utility double deckers. There are still some fanciful delivery dates on there but I am inclined to believe the 19th August date.

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Richey1977

I was quite surprised to see GF roll out some buses. Oxford have a wide range of buses, and at 1:148 scale, produce relatively little else compared to the buses, coaches and trams.

Some 1970-80s cars would be very useful. We don't all model the 1940s GWR.

guest311

am I right in assuming that they will still be to the 'small' N scale rather than 1:148, or have they retooled to the proper scale ?

H

Quote from: Richey1977 on July 30, 2013, 07:58:23 PM

Some 1970-80s cars would be very useful.

Definitely. Decent 70s, 80s and 90s cars in 1:148 scale N gauge are in short supply.

Quote from: Richey1977 on July 30, 2013, 07:58:23 PM

We don't all model the 1940s GWR.

Sooooo true.

H.

oreamnos

Quote from: class37025 on July 30, 2013, 08:29:59 PM
am I right in assuming that they will still be to the 'small' N scale rather than 1:148, or have they retooled to the proper scale ?

I don't remember where I read it but no, they were not going to be retooled.  Still 1:160.

It's a pity because they are quite nice.  But I sent back the ones I purchased because I felt the size descrepancy was really quite noticable.

Matt

woodbury22uk

For anyone interested in the new buses and trucks from Oxford, there are some photos on pages 33 and 35 of the Model Collector magazine currently on sale (probably September 2013).
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

woodbury22uk

Quote from: woodbury22uk on July 28, 2013, 08:50:16 PM
Hattons have done some updates to delivery dates for the Scenecraft N gauge buses. The ones with the specific delivery date "on or after 19th August 2013" have been revised based on info. from Bachmann. Interestingly the new arrivals include two of the Guy Arab Utility double deckers. There are still some fanciful delivery dates on there but I am inclined to believe the 19th August date.

My optimism about August 2013 delivery was misplaced. At TINGS Bachmann did not have a timescale for delivery quoting labour availability and production capacity as the source of delay. It was confirmed that all the items would be delivered but when is still unpredictable.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Sprintex

I did overhear someone from Bachmann having a good old moan that they can't get anything made on time - delivery dates keep getting put back further and further by the Chinese manufacturers!

This is what happens when everybody flocks to a cheap far-off country ::) Cheap for how much longer though? Not very long it seems ;)

Paul

H

Quote from: Sprintex on September 10, 2013, 08:43:48 AM

I did overhear someone from Bachmann having a good old moan that they can't get anything made on time - delivery dates keep getting put back further and further by the Chinese manufacturers!

Yep, that's been happening for some while now. Hornby have made the point very publically, and Dapol are also suffering (as well as Bachmann/Farish).

H.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Sprintex on September 10, 2013, 08:43:48 AM
This is what happens when everybody flocks to a cheap far-off country ::) Cheap for how much longer though? Not very long it seems ;

Not quite that simple in the Bachmann case. Bachmann *is* a Chinese company, they just happen to have outsourced some design/marketing into the UK.

Chinese wages are rising rapidly, and its already pushing some low value production back into the UK or to other countries.

Dapol interestingly do have some moulding and pad printing capability in the UK while Peco mostly manufacture in the UK so are probably loving every minute of this.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations