Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hailstone

I have been running my southern stock for the last 2 weeks

and just for a change ran an LT maintenance special

Regards,

Alex

Jerry Howlett

Alex aka @Hailstone confessed after consuming severial pints of Spitfire (under pressure) that he has a secret collection of Triang TT stuff...  So do not believe all these look at what I am doing posts, he is halfway to the dark side.    :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

austinbob

Nearly finished wiring one of three baseboards and connecting up the associated control panel. Only taken a couple of years and tears to get it done!! Must crack on with the other two.  :)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

zwilnik

Phoenix

DaveGlew

If it looks right and it works then I'm happy.

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

daveg

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on May 03, 2018, 04:36:32 PM
Alex aka @Hailstone confessed after consuming severial pints of Spitfire (under pressure) that he has a secret collection of Triang TT stuff...  So do not believe all these look at what I am doing posts, he is halfway to the dark side.    :laugh:

Jerry

That may be so but he can't be all bad esp as he drinks Spitfire!  :beers:

Dave G

austinbob

But... Unlike IPA, Spitfire is not good for cleaning track. Mind you, after three or more pints of Spitfire who cares if the track's, dirty.
:laughabovepost:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Hailstone

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on May 03, 2018, 04:36:32 PM

Jerry

Highly unfair of Mr Howlett when you consider that I then went home and fixed his new Graham Farish warship that another friend of ours bought him for £17 spares or repair (I took me 1 hour including time for the glue to cure!) as for the TT stuff, I have an almost complete collection of Triang TT but will be sticking to Ngauge for the foreseeable future. after all I have 8 locos and about 20 wagons to build yet!

Regards,

S.W. indon works

Jerry Howlett

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

I may even have a layout to run it on by the end of the month yearDecade...

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Bob Tidbury

Hailstone
Make that nine locos to build as I have got your American tank loco kit for you
will let you have it at the next Club running day .
Bob Tidbury

Hailstone

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on May 09, 2018, 10:53:53 AM
Hailstone
Make that nine locos to build as I have got your American tank loco kit for you
will let you have it at the next Club running day .
Bob Tidbury

Still 8 to go Bob, I finished the 13XX tank at the weekend, see Hailstone's workbench thread, and have started on the 53xx and even completed a junction signal kit despite the soaring temperature in the loft (41C yesterday!! decided to work in the evening when it had gone down to 31C)

Regards,

Alex

daversmth

Progressing on several fronts recently.

Repaired an old loco that had suddenly ground to a halt. It is a very old class25 farish diesel that has been converted to hardwired dcc by a previous owner. Stripped it right down and cleaned all contacts  and redid the the wiring to the two chasis halves. Runs smothly now, which is gratifying.

Been assembling Metcalfe buildings. My wife and I are working on them together.

Fiddling with sound. I use my own JMRI script to run the layout and have integrated sound samples. Got the basics working, with diesel engine sound reacting to the speed of the loco and panning in stereo based on the locos location as it moves round the layout. Now trying to set up some more sample sounds that I can use. Diesels are not inherently pleasnt to listen to so trying to find some better samples to use.

Also started to think about a possible next layout project. We are trying to move house and if succesful I hope to be allocated a room for the railway ...

The lowlight was when my 3 year old grandson got into the train room and "played trains". Utter devastation but no permanant damage.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations