Please will somone concider helping me with?

Started by fatso, December 29, 2015, 07:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatso

Computer controlling my next project by means of dcc power a lenz lh100 and lenz li-usb computer interface all track and points are kato and track plan was made using scarm software I would like the locos to stop at unloading bay platforms and to change lines using the DXO I am looking at some help of what I need to buy {PARTS}to do this and have automation shunting as well any help gratefully received  Please find track plan

[smg id=33514 type=preview align=center caption="Hard times canyon"]
Always looking on the bright side of life

fatso

Ok sorry if I have not explained right here again track parts I have printed list I need to know the computer part list like reed switches ,ifa red transmitter and receivers and other parts I might need or have over looked.mike

fatso

Hi guys this is the sort of things I am looking to do with new children layout I have asked the guys some time for help and advice but no reply as yet{ the guy who made  the vidieo}.mike

! No longer available

Malc

It's not an impossible task, but I have no experience with Lenz kit. I know Caz and Only Me have automated layouts, so maybe they can help. Although I believe they use Digitrax kit, the basic principles are the same. You will need block detection and point controllers at the very least.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

fatso

Quote from: Malc on December 30, 2015, 06:45:59 PM
It's not an impossible task, but I have no experience with Lenz kit. I know Caz and Only Me have automated layouts, so maybe they can help. Although I believe they use Digitrax kit, the basic principles are the same. You will need block detection and point controllers at the very least.

Just upset good lady been on laptop past 4 hours trying to figure where I need to place sensors or reed switches I have raspberry pi and my birthday in feb so might if I need it a Arduino get the boss to buy me one

Nik96

Well, where to start.

You'll have to make plenty of choices as you go and there's plenty of ways to skin a cat and plenty of cats to skin.

You'll need to consider detection of trains, for a trigger instruction, which for example might be the stop point to line wagons up to loading bays and infra red beam could be used, alternatively reed switches. The difference is infra red is a light beam where the reed switch is magnetic. So you'll need to apply something to trigger the magnets on a reed switch but make sure you have a clear beam across the track as you'll need an emitter and receiver for them.

Commands will depend on the feedback from switches and either timers or the next trigger instruction. As mentioned you'll need to block section your layout to avoid collisions etc etc.
There's possible need for interlocking of any flat crossovers you have.

I suggest if you haven't already you look at offerings from Heathcote Electronics, as they appear to have a good selection of PCB's on which block section and timers etc etc are available.
4 Layouts in, I've never got further than ballasting track. 5th time lucky?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations