Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

Quote from: Bealman on June 24, 2013, 11:00:42 PM
I got the cane in grammar school for saying  "Deux oeuff sur la plate" meant "two eggs on a plate"

So what was it you did to get deported  ???  :D  :smiley-laughing:

Bealman

Hey, don't knock it... I was actually glad when I landed in Sydney but me arms were tired  ;D

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trev

my latest addition to the roster.

A 2P from Union Mills
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

Agrippa

Nice pic, the UM locos are something special, I have a black T9. :thumbsup:
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

johnlambert

Trev

It certainly runs and pulls far better than my old Farish one.  Chalk and cheese.
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

OwL

Quote from: newportnobby on June 24, 2013, 09:30:26 PM
I know the 12 wheeler states it's a restaurant car, but I'm sure my schoolboy German tells me Schlafwagen means sleeping car :confused2:

10 out of 10 Nobby! Go to the top of the class. It certainly does mean sleeping car. :thumbsup:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

MJdJ

Hello,
Some fresh appearances on Neunburg streets.
Green trolley and orange Opel Blitz to do maintenance on the track and clean the city respectively. Icecream is now available to the Neunburg folk from the yellow VW. A cyclist is trying to stay out of tram track and holes in the road. In the background the tail of a brand new red Opel van be spotted.
Apologies for the quality. A different camera and I have to adapt to it still.
Thanks for watching.
Mark-Jan

Newportnobby

On a visit to Dundee last weekend, I found this treasure in the model shop in Invergowrie.
Had to pay pretty much full whack but as it is a limited edition - what the heck.
I present to you Late Crest Black 5 45157 "Glasgow Highlander", number 209 of 504 made by Farish for their collectors club - reference 372-137K

Bealman

OOh, now that IS nice. How Scottish is that. The Black 5's were so common in those woods. And although I always spout on about green being the only colour for a loco, be it steam or diesel, isn't that red and white lining on black sooo smart?

A lovely mixed traffic loco and a lovely purchase. Great buy!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

George

Jack

I know its only a Gronk but until now I didn't have much time for them, that is until this one arrived today from KJB Models.

[smg id=5806 type=preview align=center caption="P1010815"]

Although I think SWMBO's comment of "what a cute little engine" is going a bit far  ::)
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

scotsoft

As much as I run US locos I do like Class 08  :D

This is my third one:

Bealman

Your wife is perfectly correct, Jack. It is a cute little engine. They go, too(!):
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/MGalleryItem.php?id=4724
08s rule!

1936ace

Just had a sneaky test run of the class 50. Ran nice for a lap or two needed a little more power then say the new class 03 but it is the older model. I am sure it will free up with use. Now back in the wife cupboard as it is for my father day present placed exactly in the same spot hahaha
Bart

daveg

'I present to you Late Crest Black 5 45157 "Glasgow Highlander", number 209 of 504 made by Farish for their collectors club - reference 372-137K'

That's very nice Mick. An excellent find.

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations