!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: My start out in German modelling  (Read 32215 times)

Offline 37058

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 14122
  • 37058 Stafford 29-05-99 1D71 1203 BNS - HHD
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: Glad I came to UK forum!
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 03:10:42 pm »
I like the look of your German Trains!

Thank you Agent. Is your profile pic a Swiss RE482?? I really like these.

Cheers, Anthony.

Will be another update soon as I have been busy collecting some more stock from eBay.de.....
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

New project - Rugby North Yard http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=41858.0

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 04:49:03 pm »
Thank you Agent. Is your profile pic a Swiss RE482?? I really like these.

Looks more like a 474
Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 04:51:22 pm »

As an annual visitor to Zermatt and all-round Zermatt 'freak', I'm interested in  the split shown in your profile between Florida and Zermatt, is it one in the winter and one in the summer?

European railway expert

Offline 37058

• Ebay
    • Awards
Re: My start out in German modelling
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2013, 11:23:53 pm »
First of all Happy new year to you all and I hope you all had a great Christmas :beers:

I have been tinkering around once again up the loft and managed to get my boards set up so I can start track planning, laying and more importantly running!! Now, these boards were originally for my planned exhibition layout Stafford measuring 16'x3' but as the years have past and a few things have changed I decided to abandon the project a couple of years back. But im glad I kept the boards neatly in storage.

Now, i said 16' in length, but unfortunately I have my boiler in the loft and 16' is a very tight squeeze, 15' will be perfect but for now I will settle with 12'x3' Using my trusty Draper trestles, I am set up and ready to go...

I currently have a complete circuit also a passing loop at the station. A further second line and passing loop is planned soon plus a few sidings and cross overs. I will also be having 3 / 4 line fiddle at the rear on each line. Will post pictures on progress.  Also, please excuse the mess on my boards!! :laugh3:

Now for updates on latest rolling stock....

Managed to pick up the perfect 'E LOK' for my DOSTO rake. A Class 111 in S Bahn livery. I am modelling Epoch 5 & 6, Epoch 5 kicks in at 1994 so this fits in perfect and were still common in the late 90s to early 2000's on local services.

Class 101 on the INTERCITY rake. This rake is bang up to date and I travelled on quite a few whilst on my trip last September. This is at the back of the layout where the 3 /4 fiddle roads will go.

101027 awaits the road at Bonn HBF heading for Koln HBF.

From left to right Class 103 TEE livery, Class 111 S Bahn livery, Class 103 Orient livery and Class 101 Traffic red livery...The 103's are for my early IC rake (Red, pink and white livery) I have also started to build up my Blue and white InterRegio rake which I could put either class 103's on or a 120 once I get one for push pull work.

Can control cars, Silverfish in traffic red and the IC / EC cab control car in ICE colours. Both have directional lights as standard.

Class 218 on the Silverfish rake. These are lovely coaches to travel on, large drop down windows to hear the scream of the MTU Class 218 Rabbits! I plan on getting another 218 so i can pair them up on my IC rake and re create my haulage to and From Hamburg HBF to Niebull on the Westerland line. I bailed at Niebull to catch another pair back to Hamburg.

218363 & 319 Stand at Hamburg HBF after my return run from Niebull on the IC rake.

218447 rests at Goslar after working a service from Hannover HBF on the Silverfish coaches.

And finally 218473 Stands at Bad Harzburg ready to work back to Hannover HBF.

Cheers all, Anthony
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:29:23 pm by 37058 »
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

New project - Rugby North Yard http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=41858.0

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2013, 12:20:01 am »
Hi 37058,

Great pics. Jealous as ever of the large spaces you all seem to have.

The picture of the train at Goslar made me laugh. Not because there are weeds on the first track (in Germany, how dare they) and not because you obviously didn't get arrested for being so close to the track (they're a bit funny like that) but the middle track reminded of my first attempt at ballasting!!  :)

keep'em coming. MORE CONTINENTAL!

Cheers Weave.

Offline redtrain

• Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2013, 01:39:06 pm »
Thanks Anthony for the update. I had vaguely thought of getting an Ep.6 IC rake for my BR101 someday. Seeing yours here is impressive, I like the look of it.

Where did you get those foam trays from in which you store the coaches?

Marcus

Offline Agrippa

• Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 01:21:20 pm »
Some great pictures and models, the cleanliness of the track is always
noteworthy , unlike this country where the tracks are covered by every
form of litter and worse!
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 01:23:28 pm »
Some great pictures and models, the cleanliness of the track is always
noteworthy , unlike this country where the tracks are covered by every
form of litter and worse!

N gauge tesco bags and newspapers, anyone?
N.B. bags are available from other supermarkets ::)

Offline 37058

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 11:42:37 am »
Thanks Anthony for the update. I had vaguely thought of getting an Ep.6 IC rake for my BR101 someday. Seeing yours here is impressive, I like the look of it.

Where did you get those foam trays from in which you store the coaches?

Marcus

Hello Marcus. The foam trays are from JB's Model world. All I have is an email address for him, jb2mmworld@aol.com but i always see him at a couple of the large N Gauge shows and always grab a few from him. I think he is on ebay aswell ?? The ones I have measure 360mm x265mm and they have 7 slots each measuring 320mm x 25mm Perfect for coaches and alike but not tried my Double decks in them yet...Think they will be a little to tall....

Cheers, Anthony
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:46:36 am by 37058 »

Offline redtrain

• Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 09:00:21 pm »
Hello Marcus. The foam trays are from JB's Model world. All I have is an email address for him, jb2mmworld@aol.com but i always see him at a couple of the large N Gauge shows and always grab a few from him. I think he is on ebay aswell ?? The ones I have measure 360mm x265mm and they have 7 slots each measuring 320mm x 25mm Perfect for coaches and alike but not tried my Double decks in them yet...Think they will be a little to tall....

Cheers, Anthony

Thank you kindly Anthony.

Marcus

Offline 37058

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 11:36:00 am »
Another little beast has turned up for my Epoch 5 era....Fleischmann 7235 218-362 in Orient red livery, where as the 218 to the left is my for my Epoch 6 era, but in Traffic red they are also suited to late era 5 aswell...

Will be purchasing more track early Feb time, so will continue with track / layout updates then....

Cheers all, Anthony

Offline grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2013, 02:12:39 pm »
Lovely 218 there Anthony,

How does it run? Beautifully probably it being fleischmann and all!

Can't wait to see more

Graham

Offline 37058

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 02:23:45 pm »
Lovely 218 there Anthony,

How does it run? Beautifully probably it being fleischmann and all!

Can't wait to see more

Graham

Hi Graham. All of my locos run an absolute dream. The 103 in Orient red is a Minitrix example... Equally just as good. I did have a little problem with the S Bahn 111, but was found to be worn Brushes, also taking the motor out and giving the windings and commutator a good spray with electrical contact cleaner helped aswell. When i purchased it, it had been stored for many years, but now runs as good as new :claphappy:

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2013, 10:25:55 am »
I did have a little problem with the S Bahn 111, When i purchased it, it had been stored for many years, but now runs as good as new

Fleischmann N gauge locos have a history of not taking kindly to lack of use. I have always maintained (pun intended) that this is due to their 'fine' construction as opposed to MInitrix and Arnold's more 'robust' style of construction.

Years ago in about 1978 I bought a Fleischmann V100 at a discount from a shop because it ran jerkily. Even at that time when I had had only a year or so of experience with Fleischmann N, I knew full well that a few laps round a continuous circuit back at home would warm it back up again.

This is exactly what happened and I still have it in working order to this day
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:50:08 pm by Gordon »

European railway expert

Offline reavill

• Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2013, 10:13:11 pm »
I can hardly say that I am new to modelling or new to N gauge because I bought my first Minitrix set when I was stationed in Germany.    I made a Bavarian layout which I based on a Minitrix track plan.    But it was dismantled 30 years ago and I am about to get the lot out of a crate and start all over again.    How times have changed pricewise -  my Peco points cost me 1.30 and my Bonn station is now nearly 100.

The first step will be to see if the locos work.    Watch this space!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 12:34:18 pm by reavill »

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here