RTR DCC-ready engines?

Started by Quacker1964, April 08, 2011, 06:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quacker1964

Firstly, I hope this is in the correct section as it seemed the "best fit"

As some of you may know, I'm new to N and just beginning to get my kit together as starting from scratch.  I'm going to do BR Blue (approx 72-82)and as such looking for DCC-ready engines.  I have my first few, but am only aware of the Bachmann Farish models. 

I would like to know if there are any other sources of DCC-ready engines and especially if there are any DCC fitted diesels and where to purchase them.  I'm sure there are but not sure who sells them or where to look.  Obviously, I can keep an eye out for 2nd hand stuff, and tomorrow plan on visiting a few local model shops to se what is about and especially the used sections.  Im also checking "The Bay".

As always, any pointers apprciated.

Steve

Quacker1964

Thanks Zunnan :thumbsup:

Are you (or anyone else) aware of DCC-fitted disels, or is it a case of looking for used examples?

Quacker1964

That's a great help as couldn't help wondering if I was missing something really obvious.  From now forward I can check the new releases.

REFaust

I believe the Peco Collet is the only DCC RTR with a chip preinstalled - of UK outline at least. There may be more in Europe/USA. It's a little bit out of era for a BR Blue layout though  :D

R E Faust

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations