Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moogle

Won two loco's on Ebay that I wanted.  :)
A Minitrix Warship for £16.50.
Needs a clean up and the paint touching up but I've now got Intrepid to go with Benbow.  :thumbsup:
(I can see double heading on the club layout in the future!  ;D)
And a  :GraFar: Holden tank with no motor for £1.25!
The chassis looked complete otherwise and will enable me to get an existing one running again.
Unfortunately this is currently at the sorting office.  :( (see angry thread)
Still, a  :) result overall!  8)
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

MikeDunn

Well, it's been a nice day here ...  Bought a bunch of garden stuff, and have done (with SWMBO) work in the veg bed (another 200 onions in  ;) oh & 3 bulbs of mild garlic !); bunch of flower bulbs into pots; as it was still nice, did some OU studying in the sun  ;D

And about to have a nice roast beef dinner as a reward  :thumbsup:  before more studying ...

Mike

jace1934

I`m Happ7 just to wake up each morning at age 77,I then have all day to think Trains   :Class31: whoopi.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: jace1934 on March 14, 2012, 05:33:22 PM
I`m Happ7 just to wake up each morning at age 77,I then have all day to think Trains   :Class31: whoopi.

Hope I can make it that far. :wave:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

galway

Same age as my father and he has the same sentiment. Rides his bike everyday, anywhere between 10 and 20 mile round trips (I'd find it hard pumping up the tyres!)
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

longbridge

Crikey i'm 69 this year and think that way, lets hope us young blokes keep on keeping on.

On the other hand I am glad I am nearly 69 the way things are these days, I would hate to be a kid growing up in todays world :thumbsdown:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

jace1934

My sentiments entirely, I often wonder what life has in store for my great grandchildren, But there I expect my parents thought the same thing.
off to bed as soon as football is finished    :wave: :sleep:

Kipper

Car got through its MOT. Just had to replace two brake bulbs (common on mine) and slightly seized on handbrake. Now to get the car park dents repaired and I can unload it for someone else's reject! Perhaps I ought to just go by train.

jonclox

:thumbsup: Congratulations from this  decrepit 'youngun' of 67  :thumbsup:  :beers:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

MinZaPint

Following the response to the advice I received following my moan about Ebay in the Angry Thread, I've managed to win a few items so I'm happy until HID finds out! Have picked up a couple of brewery vans to add to my fleet, got to keep the 3 pubs I'm planning for my layout supplied! Going for a or two to celebrate  :thumbsup: Had a speculative bid on a loco I fancied and seem to have won that could be in real trouble now :thumbsdown:

Cogito Sumere potum alterum

MinZaPint

Quote from: newportnobby on March 19, 2012, 05:33:28 PM
Tut Tut. Cue - "There may be trouble ahead :music:" :o

How about "Always look on the bright side of life"!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

SymonC

Just booked a holiday in our favourite place in the UK for next month : Whitby :)

Might just have to have a ride on the NYMR  :)

Donkey

Quote from: SymonC on March 19, 2012, 07:51:03 PM
Just booked a holiday in our favourite place in the UK for next month : Whitby :)

Well it would be rude not to Symon  ;D

Marty

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: SymonC on March 19, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Now your'e making me homesick. Whitby good Beer the NYMR nit forgetting that all British Fish and Chips. Memories........... :beers:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations