Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Ordered a few items of rolling stock yesterday with payment by phone at about 2:00pm.

They arrived at 3:00pm today! :bounce: And no, I didn't select any sort of priority delivery service, just 'standard'.

This makes me a happy bunny! :)

Supplier was Scograil, who I have used a number of times. Kudos to them. :thumbsup:

N.B. - I've placed this in the 'Happy' thread cos the swift delivery made me happy. If I placed it one of the retailer sections it might have started a number of unhappy posts of the 'that's not my experience' kind, as seems to happen some days.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

ozzie Bill.

Sort of happy comment. I am giving up modelling, due to health (sad). so decided to try and sell some gear. Lovely guy came round yesterday and bought most of my locos, paid a fair price so we are both (I hope) happy. I know my gear has gone to a good home so happy about that and also big thanks to Graham Cocks of N Scale modeller and the Vic N Scale Collective for telling fellow modellers about my purely Victorian collection. Makes sense to offer locally as no-one else around the world would be interested.
Cheers, Bill.

dannyboy

Sorry to hear your news Bill, hopefully the health problems are not too bad.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

JBQFC

after two years of looking the wife has found herself a job  :claphappy:

dannyboy

David.

dannyboy

I am a member of a couple of 'survey' sites, where I do various surveys on all sorts of topics, (passes a bit of time when 'working' nights). Last evening I received an email stating that I had won €50 in a recent draw  ;D and to click on a link to confirm my location, (it's okay, I knew it was genuine  :)). The link took me to the Facebook site, so I replied to the email stating that I did not have, nor did I want, a Facebook account.  :no: . Five minutes later I get an email from PayPal saying that €50 had been deposited in my account, immediately followed by an email from the original sender telling me that he done that. WoNder what I caN speNd €50 on.  ???
David.

Phoenix

:claphappy:

Well done !

Always nice when a bit of unexpected cash turns up  :)

Kind regards
Kevin.

Newportnobby

Now that's what I call devotion to the DCC cause!

dannyboy

Well I read the post by Lindi and thought that there was some useful information there. Then I had a thought and read it again and yes, it does say "fitting 64". Flippin' 'eck! As Mick says, that is some devotion to DCC.  :thumbsup:
David.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lindi on December 03, 2017, 11:21:12 PM
Personally if I want to hear a loco start up then I would go to a heritage line and see it in 1:1 scale

The one major downside to DCC is the expense of the decoders which is an extra £20 per loco and £30 per DMU.

Amen to the first sentence.
With over 100 items of motive power and being retired I'd have to take out a mortgage to go DCC so it isn't going to happen :no:

Bob Tidbury

With my memory I would have no locos or stock left it would all be on the floor after massive crashes ,  OR the panic button will have worn out .
I.think I will stick with plain old simple DC .
Bob Tidbury

daversmth

I'm DCC happy.
Dave's Controller Choice .....

RailGooner

Woke this morning - hey, it is still, just, morning - to find a foot of snow outside! :claphappy: :laugh: :claphappy: :laugh: :claphappy:

JBQFC

did my first modeling today since October 2016 so a very happy chap  :bounce:

Newportnobby

Quote from: JBQFC on December 10, 2017, 07:30:38 PM
did my first modeling today since October 2016 so a very happy chap  :bounce:

That's great news!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP