Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr magnolia

Quote from: port perran on July 14, 2017, 08:03:41 PM
Hope they can beat the Portuguese.

Thanks guys.
Sadly lost to the Portugal as well.  Ingerland 🙄 And Czech Republic tomorrow; the wooden spoon beckons! She seems chirpy though and being mothered by the older ladies; she's pleased with the amount of game time she's had, as she was expecting mainly to be sitting at the side. I'm much more relaxed now!

Donald

David Asquith

Ahh well.  It's the taking part that matters.  Bunkum.  Best luck for the future.

Dave

mr magnolia

Playing for team Scotland means the taking part is key!😎🥃

Ingerland are in the final tomorrow, against Republic of South Africa ( no I don't know how that equates to the EUNations) while Scotland and Wales will scrap it out for 9th and 10th places. 
Despite the results I'm still proud and jealous! It's a sport that means she might have another 20 yrs at this level, if life allows for that continued dedication, so possibly first steps on a long road.

Donald

Steamie+

Quote from: mr magnolia on July 15, 2017, 11:21:33 PM
Playing for team Scotland means the taking part is key!😎🥃

Ingerland are in the final tomorrow, against Republic of South Africa ( no I don't know how that equates to the EUNations) while Scotland and Wales will scrap it out for 9th and 10th places. 
Despite the results I'm still proud and jealous! It's a sport that means she might have another 20 yrs at this level, if life allows for that continued dedication, so possibly first steps on a long road.

Donald

Congratulations to your Daughter Donald on her achievement, it's the taking part in an international event that is something most don't get to do. A brilliant job done by your daughter, you must and are very proud of her. You never know she may one day get a cap/caps for the UK, assuming that Scotland is still part of the UK then.

But Donald, please don't get like those who disrespect other nations and please call England, England and not like those who don't like England.

Well done to your Daughter again and can you please update us on any more of her success's.   :thumbsup:

mr magnolia

Quote from: Steamie+ on July 16, 2017, 06:59:21 AM
But Donald, please don't get like those who disrespect other nations and please call England, England and not like those who don't like England.

Steamie: to me, 'Ingerland' is a standard sporting world fans reference to England; same as we/I/you might say 'Norn Irn' for Northern Ireland.  Any disrespect in this regard is formed and shaped through the world of sport.

The UK thing is another level of complexity in the separation of sport from politics!  There is a GB squad for polo, as it is an Olympic sport, although not a Commonwealth games one.  My daughter said 'no' to the invitation to train with GB when she was 14, at least partly on the basis of not having played for Scotland at any level at that stage, and considering Scotland to be her first call.  Who knows (although I can guess) what the future will bring?

Yesterday saw two more defeats, but the final game today saw Scotland beat Wales 18-6, with my girl scoring a penalty, so I think she will be travelling home tonight in a positive frame of mind.  Fantastic experience, and, like the junior team games, enhanced by the fact that competition is generally in a tournament format, so you get to play 5 to 6 games at a time.

cheers

Donald

Steamie+

The UK thing is another level of complexity in the separation of sport from politics!  There is a GB squad for polo, as it is an Olympic sport, although not a Commonwealth games one.  My daughter said 'no' to the invitation to train with GB when she was 14, at least partly on the basis of not having played for Scotland at any level at that stage, and considering Scotland to be her first call.  Who knows (although I can guess) what the future will bring?

Yesterday saw two more defeats, but the final game today saw Scotland beat Wales 18-6, with my girl scoring a penalty, so I think she will be travelling home tonight in a positive frame of mind.  Fantastic experience, and, like the junior team games, enhanced by the fact that competition is generally in a tournament format, so you get to play 5 to 6 games at a time.

cheers

Donald
[/quote]

Great to hear she scored a penalty Donald your country had a fine win over Wales.

I can see her point somewhat in her choice not to train with the GB team, but then i think i would have at least said yes to training with them Donald, she could have said politely no to actually playing for them if she was picked to play on the grounds you have mentioned, although i guess like you say politics would come in to play (excuse the pun) and she would may well have never be picked.

I just like to see anybody who has real talent to get to the very top of their sport, because to many have had the opportunity but not taken it (i have for one a long story for which i am not going into now.). I hope to be able to see the future for the youngster's in any sport get to the top and reap the benefits from it, look at Sir Chris Hoy, what an ambassador for his sport and a very humble man, but when he talks about the sport and add to that any sport, he is so passionate about his own country and the Great Britain team who ever they are, no matter what sport they do.

Hope for every success for your Daughter Donald, and may she go on to greater things.

Happy Modelling Donald.     :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Came home to a nice surprise from Shawplan today:

I had forgotten about them.

Now to put right that silly error and name 60059!

Incidentally it says "Bachmann" on the fret, I didn't know that the one supplied with the model was ACTUALLY Shawplan / extreme etches.

No wonder Bachmann suggested them!

Skyline2uk

silly moo

After a month with my ankle in a cast I have now graduated to a moon boot cast and can walk around the house more easily and get into my messy train room.  :claphappy:

Tomorrow my kind husband is taking me to a swapmeet for some retail therapy. He hasn't been to one before so he'll see what I get up to.

We need to get there before it opens, stand in a queue and then make a bee line for one particular trader's table (along with everyone else) The table gets mobbed and it's a bit like being in a rugby scrum. After the rugby scrum everyone drifts off to the other tables.

There's hardly ever any N but we live in hope, I sometimes have to buy 00 instead.

:NGaugersRule:

Bealman

All the best!

You could get pushy and stamp on them!

Sorry to hear about the injury. Hope everything is OK. :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

paulprice

Never buy 00, have you no shame :)

silly moo

:(. I'm shameless - I've got 0 gauge as well!

paulprice

Quote from: silly moo on July 28, 2017, 12:34:16 PM
:(. I'm shameless - I've got 0 gauge as well!

That's it there is no hope for you,, you should be cast out from here with your ideas of other scales...... :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

The Q

Ingalond, Engalond, and Engaland are variations on the old English for England. As the spelling wasn't then yet Set.

We are in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, so you in most parts of the UKGBNI, play for your country, Say Wales, your country, say Great Britain, or Your country United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland  Ttechnical going up an honour with each one, as you represent more people.

Me happy? , I have just under two hours left and then I'm not back at work for approximately 7 days, I shall be motor boating in ever decreasing circles, driving  a rescue boat at Horning Regatta. This has been running for at least 99years...
Horning Regatta 1908  http://www.eafa.org.uk/catalogue/57
Horning regatta 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzaay1fRpss

yes some of the boats are the same ones in both videos...

Bob Tidbury

Just had my Diabetic M O T the nurse said she was realy pleased with the results of my blood pressure, sugar levels , cholesterol,were all A Ok  and the urine test was clear so nothing to worry about ,then she said there was only one slight problem ,or in my case a big one Im well over weight ,but I have been over weight since I was a kid so thats no surprise.
but for my age the results were very good and she doesnt want to see me untill Aprill next year.
Her actual words were whatever Im doing, keep doing it, its working.
Bob Tidbury

dannyboy

Always nice to hear news like that - well done Bob.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations