!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Happy thread  (Read 188616 times)

Offline mr magnolia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20060
  • 2mm Association Number: 4735
    • Awards
Re: Happy thread
« Reply #3450 on: July 16, 2017, 09:51:27 pm »
But Donald, please donít get like those who disrespect other nations and please call England, England and not like those who donít like England.

Steamie: to me, 'Ingerland' is a standard sporting world fans reference to England; same as we/I/you might say 'Norn Irn' for Northern Ireland.  Any disrespect in this regard is formed and shaped through the world of sport.

The UK thing is another level of complexity in the separation of sport from politics!  There is a GB squad for polo, as it is an Olympic sport, although not a Commonwealth games one.  My daughter said 'no' to the invitation to train with GB when she was 14, at least partly on the basis of not having played for Scotland at any level at that stage, and considering Scotland to be her first call.  Who knows (although I can guess) what the future will bring?

Yesterday saw two more defeats, but the final game today saw Scotland beat Wales 18-6, with my girl scoring a penalty, so I think she will be travelling home tonight in a positive frame of mind.  Fantastic experience, and, like the junior team games, enhanced by the fact that competition is generally in a tournament format, so you get to play 5 to 6 games at a time.

cheers

Donald

Offline Steamie+

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26963
  • N Gauge is part of my life. :)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #3451 on: July 17, 2017, 05:42:30 am »

The UK thing is another level of complexity in the separation of sport from politics!  There is a GB squad for polo, as it is an Olympic sport, although not a Commonwealth games one.  My daughter said 'no' to the invitation to train with GB when she was 14, at least partly on the basis of not having played for Scotland at any level at that stage, and considering Scotland to be her first call.  Who knows (although I can guess) what the future will bring?

Yesterday saw two more defeats, but the final game today saw Scotland beat Wales 18-6, with my girl scoring a penalty, so I think she will be travelling home tonight in a positive frame of mind.  Fantastic experience, and, like the junior team games, enhanced by the fact that competition is generally in a tournament format, so you get to play 5 to 6 games at a time.

cheers

Donald
[/quote]

Great to hear she scored a penalty Donald your country had a fine win over Wales.

I can see her point somewhat in her choice not to train with the GB team, but then i think i would have at least said yes to training with them Donald, she could have said politely no to actually playing for them if she was picked to play on the grounds you have mentioned, although i guess like you say politics would come in to play (excuse the pun) and she would may well have never be picked.

I just like to see anybody who has real talent to get to the very top of their sport, because to many have had the opportunity but not taken it (i have for one a long story for which i am not going into now.). I hope to be able to see the future for the youngsterís in any sport get to the top and reap the benefits from it, look at Sir Chris Hoy, what an ambassador for his sport and a very humble man, but when he talks about the sport and add to that any sport, he is so passionate about his own country and the Great Britain team who ever they are, no matter what sport they do.

Hope for every success for your Daughter Donald, and may she go on to greater things.

Happy Modelling Donald.     :thumbsup:
:toot: :A1Tornado: :Carriage: :Carriage:

Offline Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #3452 on: July 20, 2017, 09:40:38 pm »
Came home to a nice surprise from Shawplan today:

I had forgotten about them.

Now to put right that silly error and name 60059!

Incidentally it says "Bachmann" on the fret, I didn't know that the one supplied with the model was ACTUALLY Shawplan / extreme etches.

No wonder Bachmann suggested them!

Skyline2uk
LNER A3 and A4....check
Deltic.....check
HST set......surely?!

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=4129.msg46795#msg46795

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP