!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 76121 times)

Offline Caz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #1110 on: July 07, 2018, 04:42:05 pm »
If the caller display shows 'International' I just ignore it. If it's a member of the Royal Family in trouble I'm sure they'll leave a message :laugh:

No point me or George calling you then if we have a forum problem.   ::)   :P

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #1111 on: July 14, 2018, 07:24:05 pm »
Tomorrow I shall be attending a Teddy Parachute Drop at my Grandchildrens local church. Apparently, and it distresses me greatly ;), the eldest of the three, who is 5 years old, seems to have no idea what a 'Teddy' actually is!
Her plan was for her entry into the competition to be a fluffy tiger, or some such. When her Nanny said it should be a Teddy, she was totally non-plushed and couldn't see the problem.

So tomorrow, as the clock on the church tower launch pad strikes the half hour after 1:00pm, rather than a glorious array of wonderful teddy bears descending from the above, it is highly likely that my eyes will be assailed by a loud, brash and dare I say gaudy collection of objects floating down, ranging from Unicorns, through Smurfs and large-eyed Princesses (without an ounce of stuffing between them), to every Disney character you care to name - and even Pooh is most definitely NOT a teddy bear!

I mean, what IS the World coming to? :confused2:

Roosevelt will probably turn in his grave! :o

But the kids will love it! :D - the parachuting toys, not the grave-turning bit! :no:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1112 on: July 14, 2018, 11:18:32 pm »
I trust you'll be going dressed as a Teddy Boy? :D

Online Railwaygun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21889
  • Keen on Military Rail, Kato Unitrack, & Z21/DCC
    • Railwaygun, Armoured train and Military Railway group
    • Awards
« Reply #1113 on: July 15, 2018, 12:18:31 am »
Her plan was for her entry into the competition to be a fluffy tiger, or some such. When her Nanny said it should be a Teddy, she was totally non-plushed and couldn't see the problem.

i thought the teddies were fully plushed??
This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!
https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #1114 on: July 15, 2018, 08:27:14 pm »

i thought the teddies were fully plushed??
New maybe, but they tend to be de-plushed by little fingers.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #1115 on: July 15, 2018, 09:47:27 pm »
Just an update on the parachuting Teddies....

A grand time was had by all, and over 50 assorted treasured cuddlies floated down from the parapet of the church tower. Happily the majority were in fact teddy bears, though the odd penguin, unicorn, toothless dragon, and dog braved the descent. Some sailed serenely down, some were swept into trees and bushes, and more than a few merely plummeted as their 'chutes failed to deploy in time. Star performer - I'm biased - was my 5 year old grand-daughters entry. This was eventually agreed to be a teddy (after much cajoling and parental persuasion), in fact one of two fine brown bears that her Nanny had given her from her own special collection some years ago. As the Jump Master flung young teddy out into the void, his parachute filled most opportunely and he floated down to land, to the utter surprise of the man making souvenir badges, directly upon the man's head! Happily no real damage was done to either character, though as a precaution young teddy, in common with all other contestants, was rapidly stretchered off to the nearby Medical Table, where tender care was administered, plasters and bandages were carefully applied, and he was returned to his proud owner.
There were no winners, no losers, and cake and orange juice was available to all for a donation to church funds.
And it was a glorious sunny day!

So a happy ending in the unhappy thread.
 :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
July Donations

Advertise Here