The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

I have to go for an Endoscopy every two years and I live in High Wycombe which has an excelent Endoscopy unit I am a real wimp and a bad gag reflex and I have to be sedated to have the examination done but they want me to go to Milton Keynes to have it .How am I supposed to get there and back I could drive there but your not allowed to drive for at least 24 hours after sedation I asked if they could put me up for the night and the lady on. the phone hung up.
So we are now waiting for Wycombe hospital to sort it out .Why send someone all that way when there is a very good unit a mile away from my house.Think of the pollution the car will make driving that distance and the cost of the petrol and I dread to think how much it would cost and how long it would take me by public transport .
Rant over.
Bob Tidbury

Bealman

That's a pretty cool rant, Bob!  :beers:

When I had a colonoscopy a year or so ago, the doc said he'd take a look in my throat and stomach as well while he was at it.

I hope he did the throat first!  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Railwaygun

Quote from: Bealman on August 15, 2017, 11:11:05 AM
That's a pretty cool rant, Bob!  :beers:

When I had a colonoscopy a year or so ago, the doc said he'd take a look in my throat and stomach as well while he was at it.

I hope he did the throat first!  ;D

anything is possible if the scope is long enough...
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Malc

When I had a camera inserted into my bladder, the consultant couldn't understand why I didn't want to have a look at the monitor.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

It was the camera and sound guys who were the painful bit.

Malc

Actually, Mick, it was the microphone with the furry sock on it that was the most irritating.😃
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Eeeek  :worried:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bikeracer

Quote from: Malc on August 15, 2017, 10:40:16 PM
When I had a camera inserted into my bladder, the consultant couldn't understand why I didn't want to have a look at the monitor.
Last time I had one of those I asked if I could have a video copy to post on youtube but the request was refused. :)

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

BoxTunnel

:o

Had an endoscopy a few years ago to confirm my coeliac disease - last thing I want to see is the inside of me!

Graham, no oil painting on the outside either.
"I don't think anybody is anybody else's moral compass. Maybe listening to my music is not the best idea if you live a very constricted life. Or maybe it is." - Lou Reed.

Pegasus

Quote from: The Q on August 12, 2017, 09:44:56 PM
Touristwombles, just why do they think that if they are on holiday it's quite ok to wander around on 30 to 60 mph roads when there is a perfectly good pavement.
Aha!
Another person who get thoroughly sick of them!
When driving through my village (in Greece!) I get really frustrated with them for this, all common sense seems to fly out of the window and they ignore all cars etc. and wander all over the road, even if towing small children - senseless!
H.
Regards,
Harold

paulprice

Quote from: newportnobby on August 16, 2017, 09:12:12 AM

Its all right for you they wanted to film me in Cinemascope, I mean how rude, how did do they think my bum, is the cheek of it, well the cheeks of it come to think about it.

I'd hate to see the trailer, "coming soon to a Cinema near you" and then the image 30 feet high, think of the children, of the inhumanity of it all

Newportnobby

Quote from: paulprice on August 18, 2017, 11:46:09 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on August 16, 2017, 09:12:12 AM

Its all right for you they wanted to film me in Cinemascope, I mean how rude, how did do they think my bum, is the cheek of it, well the cheeks of it come to think about it.

I'd hate to see the trailer, "coming soon to a Cinema near you" and then the image 30 feet high, think of the children, of the inhumanity of it all

:laughabovepost:
At least we can be thankful it wasn't 3D high definition :no:

Mito

Quote from: Pegasus on August 18, 2017, 11:33:42 AM
Quote from: The Q on August 12, 2017, 09:44:56 PM
Touristwombles, just why do they think that if they are on holiday it's quite ok to wander around on 30 to 60 mph roads when there is a perfectly good pavement.
Aha!
Another person who get thoroughly sick of them!
When driving through my village (in Greece!) I get really frustrated with them for this, all common sense seems to fly out of the window and they ignore all cars etc. and wander all over the road, even if towing small children - senseless!
H.

There's a saying here that visitors loose their brains as they cross the Pyrenees. Some of the stupid things they do is unbelievable. It's any nationality not just British.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

trkilliman

Clearly not N gauge.

We live in a very troubled World, and what I am going to say is miniscule but it does annoy me.

Why do some people advertise items as N gauge on ebay when they are clearly 00?

I have been caught 3 times now with this.

O.K you could sell it on in the relevent 00 gauge section of ebay, but it's an irritation that I could do without.
The lastest a few days back was an ad' for a small collection of random N gauge items. Included was a sheet of decals. On the sheet was a pair of British Railways tender insignia in the GWR style, which I want for a loco project.

They were all I really wanted, although the other GWR related decals would be handy as I model the period 1948-56, when a variety of liveries and lettering were used.  Fox do the decals I wanted but they are something like £4.50 a pair, which I thought a tad steep. On hindsight...

When it arrived I opened the Jiffy bag keen to see the decals, heart sank immediatly when I saw they were 00. The same seller has an ad' for Merit N gauge figures, yet the box clearly states OO!

Rant over

Pegasus

I've noticed this myself.
I think it's laziness in that the seller may have listed some N gauge items in the N section, then moves on to selling his 00 items but forgets to change what section he's listing in?
Maybe?
Or, is it a deliberate ploy?
I'm always very careful but clearly, some are not.
Harold.
Regards,
Harold

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations