!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The angry thread  (Read 304665 times)

Offline daffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26722
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
Re: The angry thread
« Reply #5370 on: July 10, 2017, 10:18:11 pm »
My wife dropped her iPhone into the loo  :doh:. Fished out promptly, shaken dry then handed to me whereupon I extracted more fluid by various means, then placed it on a piece of wood inside a container half full of those condensation crystals for two days.

It has worked fine ever since.

Hope the same result comes your way.

Do you have soft water in your area. You would not have much chance of doing this in a hard water area as crystals form as it dries out.

Yes, we are in a hard water area (lots of scale regularly cleaned out of the kettle, and two years ago the hot water tank was replaced and was found to be seriously scaled up) and therefore, judging by what you say, happy to still have a perfectly functioning iPhone.

Maybe my water extraction methods prior to placing it in the container helped: a few swift long arm movements (like a centrifuge in effect), and some judicious suction at various points around the case (best not ask how  :o )

But probably just very lucky.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Online joe cassidy

• Awards
« Reply #5371 on: July 14, 2017, 12:29:38 pm »
My wife dropped her iPhone into the loo  :doh:.

I'm going to invent a wall-mounted telephone holder for use in toilets.

Rich at last !

Best regards,

Joe

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #5372 on: July 14, 2017, 12:40:47 pm »
Neat plan, Joe!

I also had a brilliant idea which with it's elegant looks and 'no drop' features I thought would bring me fortune if not also fame. Then I found out somebody had beaten me to it!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/56/2a/27/562a27b40666fa69deed210150d74103--vintage-phones-antique-phones-vintage-telephone.jpg

Ah well; back to the gin and tonics!

Dave G

Offline Luke Piewalker

• Trade Count: (+5)
    • Awards
« Reply #5373 on: July 14, 2017, 11:28:27 pm »
I am currently building an O gauge brake can from a Slaters kit...
Instructions are mostly text with a few misleading drawings. Virtually everything I have stuck on I've had to unstick again. I don't think anything has fitted without filing if general hacking.

:veryangry:

Online joe cassidy

• Awards
« Reply #5374 on: July 15, 2017, 07:13:27 pm »
Neat plan, Joe!

I also had a brilliant idea which with it's elegant looks and 'no drop' features I thought would bring me fortune if not also fame. Then I found out somebody had beaten me to it!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/56/2a/27/562a27b40666fa69deed210150d74103--vintage-phones-antique-phones-vintage-telephone.jpg

Great design. The toilet roll holder could be integrated below the phone !

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
July Donations

Advertise Here
anything