!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Free track planning Software  (Read 51691 times)

Offline Mixy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Author of SCARM
    • SCARM layout design software
    • Awards
Re: Free track planning Software
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2012, 08:31:48 pm »
Hi Dave,

The minimal possible radius depends on currently selected flex track and can vary between different track manufacturers and different scales/gauges. You can form your flex route at any radius, bigger than or equal to the minimal – just move the mouse to achieve the desired curvature and watch the status bar to see the actual radius and angle.

Mixy

Offline bbdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2012, 10:08:20 pm »
Ok thanks i'm using code55 so i guess the program only allows me to bend it to around 9" which is fine for now. next challenge is to change the height of the track i can manage to hilite it but not sure how to enter measurements to change the height,

Dave

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2012, 10:16:21 pm »
Click the height box on the track Dave and use the scroll wheel on the mouse

Offline bbdave

• Awards
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2012, 06:59:56 am »

Oh there be the problem, i,m on a laptop so no centre button/wheel  :(

Dave

Offline Mixy

• Author of SCARM
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2012, 08:05:09 am »
You can also use the keys for smaller '<' and greater '>' to alter the height.

Offline bbdave

• Awards
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2012, 04:26:42 pm »
I have tried that but it just moves the screen up and down or left and right

Dave

Offline Lawrence

• Awards
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2012, 05:18:05 pm »
In the toolbar at the top of the screen there is a white h in a red box with like a crosshair, you have to select that, click the bit of rail you want to adjust then click the height box for that bit of rail, you should be able to alter it now Dave

Offline scotsoft

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Scottish n' Newcastle
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2012, 05:50:26 pm »

Oh there be the problem, i,m on a laptop so no centre button/wheel  :(

Dave

Try clicking the left button below your touchpad then slide your finger up and down the right hand side of the touchpad, that's how I can scroll using my touchpad on my laptop and my laptop is about 6 years old  :thumbsup:

Offline bbdave

• Awards
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2012, 07:34:08 pm »

[/quote]

Try clicking the left button below your touchpad then slide your finger up and down the right hand side of the touchpad, that's how I can scroll using my touchpad on my laptop and my laptop is about 6 years old  :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Yes i have that bit but just can't alter the height.

In the toolbar at the top of the screen there is a white h in a red box with like a crosshair, you have to select that, click the bit of rail you want to adjust then click the height box for that bit of rail, you should be able to alter it now Dave

All that does is zoom in and out. I'll persevere with it this evening and see what i can do

Dave

Offline bbdave

• Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2012, 07:44:01 pm »
I got it just sussed it out not sure i can do what i intended i wanted to basicly overlay a lower and higher level.

Dave

Offline Lawrence

• Awards
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2012, 07:45:20 pm »
Dave, I quickly did a screen shot to show you what it should look like when adjusting height

If you notice I have selected the white h in the red box with crosshairs, this shows the height boxes on the end of the track section, I clicked in the box on the left you can see the height box is now red with a white 0, using the mouse wheel I can adjust that height

Offline Mixy

• Author of SCARM
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2012, 08:28:32 pm »
Hi Dave,

Lawrence showed a good explanation above, but you can also look in the help file or directly in SCARM web site, searching for topic How to set heights and slopes in FAQ section.

Mixy

Offline Mixy

• Author of SCARM
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2012, 02:51:58 pm »
After some delay I am happy to announce that the last version SCARM 0.9.16 is ready and can be downloaded as usual from http://www.scarm.info :)

The most important new feature is the ability to work with texts on the drawing plot - a huge lack for many of you until now.

To place some text, first select “Edit” > “Place Text” from the menu and then click with the mouse at desired location on the plot – a text box for editing will appear. You can select font type and relative font size form the controls, appeared in the right part of the Toolbar, next to “3D” button. When ready with the editing, press Enter or click outside of the text box. You can move the text or group it with other figures on the layout and also rotate and align it to other texts and figures. You can change the text color from the Properties window. For now it is not possible to enter formatted (bold, italic, justified, etc.) or multi-line texts, but this will be changed in the future versions. The texts are visible only in 2D mode and are not displayed in 3D Viewer.

Note that not all fonts are suitable for scaling and rotating. Some fonts may not be presented on other computers and texts might be looking different when layout, saved on one computer is opened on another. Try to use the most common system fonts, available on all Windows-based machines to ensure proper text look of your layout on all computers. My experiments show that “Trebuchet MS” and “Verdana” are good fonts for using in SCARM. “Arial”, “Times New Roman”, “Courier New” and “Tahoma” are well scaled, but are rendered with some offset when rotated. This is due to reasons outside SCARM, but I will search how to make it better will all possible fonts.

There are also some new and updated libraries and many small improvements and bugfixes. I hope that you will like the new version of SCARM :)

Mixy

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2012, 03:18:23 pm »
Thanks, Mixy.

Am I best to bin the version I have and download the new version?

Offline Lawrence

• Awards
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2012, 03:55:57 pm »
Thanks Mixy, will have a play with it, and the answer to this is probably in the FAQs but I assume layouts created with previous versions will still work??

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here