Hello from Downunder.

Started by longbridge, February 28, 2011, 09:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

Hello there, my name is Dave, I am an ExPat Worcestershire boy that moved to Australia in 1957 age 13, now 67, Married and retired but still wondering why we left the UK. :(

I have been involved in model railways for many years and have built Japanese N, British OO, American N and Australian HO layouts, at the moment I am building a freelance European N Gauge layout, I have been running a few American locos on it at the moment but will gradually replace them with European steam and diesel, the American stock will get passed on to my Grandson.

The layout is in the very early stages of building at the moment but anyone interested can take a peek at

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~oldrailbug

Have taken a look around this forum and have to say what a pleasure it is to navigate :), looking forward to getting involved in discussions.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Lawrence

Hi Dave, welcome aboard, good to have you with us.  I had a quick look at your page, you certainly have some interesting rolling stock there.  Please feel free to start your own layout construction thread and you can use the IMG tags to link directly to pictures on hosting sites like Photobucket.

Look forward to seeing your progress  :thumbsup:

Tank

Welcome to the forum Dave!  :wave:

I like the name of your layout "Nowhere Valley"!   :smiley-laughing:  I also like your rolling stock and the fact that you've put the NVR on them all.  

I look forward to seeing more, and enjoy your time on this little piece of Britain!   ;D

cloughie

Dave, fancy seeing you on here :wave: ;D  enjoy

cloughie
am I there yet

longbridge

Quote from: Lawrence on February 28, 2011, 10:01:22 PM
Hi Dave, welcome aboard, good to have you with us.  I had a quick look at your page, you certainly have some interesting rolling stock there.  Please feel free to start your own layout construction thread and you can use the IMG tags to link directly to pictures on hosting sites like Photobucket.

Look forward to seeing your progress  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the welcome Lawrence it is most appreciated, yes I will start a thread as you recommend.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

longbridge

Quote from: Tank on March 01, 2011, 09:55:01 AM
Welcome to the forum Dave!  :wave:

I like the name of your layout "Nowhere Valley"!   :smiley-laughing:  I also like your rolling stock and the fact that you've put the NVR on them all.  

I look forward to seeing more, and enjoy your time on this little piece of Britain!   ;D

Thanks for the welcome Tank also for the kind comments on the layout.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

longbridge

Quote from: cloughie on March 01, 2011, 10:57:25 AM
Dave, fancy seeing you on here :wave: ;D  enjoy

cloughie

G'Day Cloughie nice to find a familiar face on the forum, I am sure I will enjoy the forum it looks like a little ripper.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Chris

Welcome to the forum Dave. Emigrating to Australia seemed a popular choice 30-40 years ago. My aunt and uncle did the same and they now live in Kapunda.

I l;ike what you've done so far on your layout. The name tickled me as we have a lane near us called "Nowhere Lane"!

cloughie

Dave did not have a choice in going Chris, he got done for budgie rustling :evil: :o
cloughie
am I there yet

poliss

If Postman Pat emigrated to Austrailia, met you and gave you a pat on the back, would it be an ExPat Pat pat?

longbridge

Quote from: BROADTRAIN1979 on March 08, 2011, 12:07:45 AM
Hi dave im from up over :wave: big big welcome to my i mean our forum from him in Essex ;) :NGaugeForum:

Hi BROADTRAIN1979 and thank you for the welcome to your (uh) I mean our forum ;D ;D  :NGAUGE:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

longbridge

Quote from: poliss on March 08, 2011, 01:17:28 AM
If Postman Pat emigrated to Austrailia, met you and gave you a pat on the back, would it be an ExPat Pat pat?

Thats very funny Poliss because I spent 20+ years as a Postman in Oz and got lots of Christmas tips and Pats on the back. ;D ;D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

poliss

They didn't nickname you Pat did they? Because if they did it would be an ExPat Pat pat Pat.
I'm getting dizzy.  :-\

longbridge

Quote from: poliss on March 08, 2011, 01:44:44 AM
They didn't nickname you Pat did they? Because if they did it would be an ExPat Pat pat Pat.
I'm getting dizzy.  :-\

Oh dear Poliss if I told you what some people called me if I slipped a letter into the wrong box, hmmm better not type that here but Pat would have been nicer. ;)
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations