!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Ground material for goods yard  (Read 149 times)

Offline Masher69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26763
    • Awards
Ground material for goods yard
« on: October 30, 2017, 07:01:28 pm »
I am trying to progress my first layout. Having ballasted the main lines I now need to deal with the goods yard and sidings. I am not sure what material to use to obtain a flattened ground and would appreciate any help and suggestions. Thanks in advance. :helpneededsign:

Online port perran

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Ground material for goods yard
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 07:11:04 pm »
Are you meaning that you want the rails to sit on the ground in which case you could use scatter material (eg Woodland Scenic or Jarvis). Possibly fine soil or earth (not too uniform) sppread over a painted surface. Goods Yards and sidings were often mucky and untidy. Using a bit of green scatter and or foliage clumps would help.
Or.....did you mean for the rails to be inset into the ground?
In which case you could use clay or sections of cardboard or textured plasticard laid on too of the sleepers to give eg a concrete or paved effect.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 07:22:27 pm by port perran »
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline bluedepot

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • Awards
Re: Ground material for goods yard
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 08:03:55 pm »
try das clay to build up the ground around and inbetween the rails so it appears that the sleepers are sunk into the ground or not visible at all

Tim

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
73% 
December Donations

Advertise Here