Graham Farish Loco's Bargains or Over Priced?

Started by Drakken, January 30, 2012, 10:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Hi all !

Picked these up today at a local 2nd hand shop ( Sorry for bad photo ) I didn't want to leave them in case someone else got in so snapped them up so i paid. Just wondering what you guys would have done ?

Cheers Chris

Graham Farish - Pacific Class "602 Squadron" - £35
Graham Farish - Class 4P "1201 LMS" - £35
Graham Farish - Duchess Class " Duchess Of Hamilton " - £35
Graham Farish - Shredded Wheat - £5
Graham Farish - BR 63FT MK1 Coach Corr 2nd  ( SK ) Crm/Crim - £6
Graham Farish - BR 63FT MK1 Coach Corr, Brake ( BCR ) Crm/Crim - £6

EtchedPixels

Decent price in running order IMHO,  well maybe not the shredded wheat loco 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Drakken

Excellent, At least i didn't overpay ;) Its all they had though which was a downer at least my 'stock' doesn't look so bare  :beers:

Cheers Chris

zwilnik

Paint  up the Shredded Wheat one and stick some normal couplings on it and it works a treat as a dummy with another tank engine for double headed freight trains.

Drakken

With my layout being a preservation, i thought it would be an idea to put parts of it onto the 3 plank wagons i've got 'waiting for repair' sort of thing but if it doesn't work i'll definatley use your idea ;)  :beers:

Cheers Chris

Mustermark

I'd say if they are in working order you did well. :thumbsup:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

sprichasm

I'd have bought them myself - at those prices you can't really go wrong!
:beers:
VBR
Chas

sprichasm

PS: if you decide you don't want the 4P, let me know .... !!!
VBR
Chas

OwL

I think you landed a bargain there. Well done :thumbsup:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

galway

When you get fed up with the Duchess she can come and stay with me  ;) I'll certainly find room!
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

Sprintex

One thing I would do with any second-hand stock is make sure all the wheels are spotelssly clean before they go anywhere near your track  :thumbsup:

Dirty track/wheels is the quickest way to poor running and the resulting frustration  ;)

Paul

Lawrence

Quote from: galway on January 31, 2012, 07:09:27 PM
When you get fed up with the Duchess she can come and stay with me  ;) I'll certainly find room!

You may have to fight my daughter off, she fell in love with it when we went to NMR York at New Year  :smiley-laughing: actually, at 26 yo I wish she would fall in love with a bloke, not a ruddy kettle  ::)  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Sprintex

Quote from: Lawrence on January 31, 2012, 09:58:50 PM
actually, at 26 yo I wish she would fall in love with a bloke, not a ruddy kettle  ::)  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Careful or this thread will get moved to the 'Advertising' section  :smiley-laughing:

Paul

polo2k

Quote from: Lawrence on January 31, 2012, 09:58:50 PM
Quote from: galway on January 31, 2012, 07:09:27 PM

You may have to fight my daughter off, she fell in love with it when we went to NMR York at New Year  :smiley-laughing: actually, at 26 yo I wish she would fall in love with a bloke, not a ruddy kettle  ::)  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

26 Year old lass thats into trains, I can imagine your going to get a lot of pints bought for you lol
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

bluedepot

it the locos work ok then i think you'd make a good profit on ebay for them

tim

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP