!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Backscene joins  (Read 135 times)

Offline Dorsetmike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
Backscene joins
« on: September 17, 2017, 02:55:44 pm »
I notice on quite a few layout pics obvious backscene joins, I've had a play with some in an image editor and managed to get something that works for me. I start with a downloaded backscene, various sources on line some free some pay for, for this eample I used the "Windward" number 4

http://windward.f1p.co.uk/download/pages/Backscenes.html

These images full size are 1200mm/4' long by 210mm the maximum length I can print on my Oki colour laser

after making a few edits, altering colour balance, adding tractor, cows and worker,

flipping the original image followed by a few more edits, adding a farmhouse, cloning out some trees, adding other trees, so as to make the flip a bit less obvious

now a close up of the join

Still needs a few tweaks but you get the idea, ignore the sky I cut off the sky. I do a similar job on sky backscenes and stick those onto the top of a 12" back board and then stick the trimmed scenery at the bottom overlapping the lower part of the sky.

This is on a previous layout

I've also done similar work on some of the Gaugemaster ones.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:04:14 pm by Dorsetmike »
Cheers MIKE

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything