N Gauge in BRM

Started by littlegs, September 16, 2017, 10:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlegs

Nice to see one of the mainstream mags concentrating on N gauge for a change

Newportnobby

I bought it for the first time on a recommendation from this forum and, as recommended, there was a decent amount of N gauge articles and layouts. I still prefer Railway Modeller so probably won't get BRM again as I'm not sure about the format :-\

Bob Tidbury

I only buy the odd magazine if there is a specific article of interest and the latest B R M was very good I bought it mainly because of the eight page spread on Nely and the interview with Colin Heard the boss of Union Mills Models which I found very interesting.But I wont be subscribeing to any Magazines at around a fiver a  time thats a lot of modeling money for an hours reading .I will save my money for the next thing I need for my layout.
Bob Tidbury

Rabbitaway

BRM detailed the underframe on an old Poole Mk1 BG and didn't change the pizza cutter wheels, strange approach as I thought this would been a must for any improvement

:doh:

Portpatrick

That's my approach these days Bob.  And what will draw me might be articles and/or layouts which focus on N Gauge, the Scottish Scene, or sometimes other matters of scenic, constructional or operational interest.  Checking this Forum, Facebook, the magazine websites is a useful; source of where such articles might be found.

Branchie

Quote from: Rabbitaway on September 18, 2017, 02:00:28 AM
BRM detailed the underframe on an old Poole Mk1 BG and didn't change the pizza cutter wheels, strange approach as I thought this would been a must for any improvement

:doh:

Absolutely agree. Seemed an obvious upgrade to me

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations