!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Labels  (Read 146 times)

Offline Dorsetmike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
Labels
« on: August 12, 2017, 05:21:45 pm »
I've been using A4 paper labels for some time, brick and stone papers, among other things; I recently tried printing some coach sides, that worked ok on most  except some with recessed doors. I see that Label Planet where I get my paper labels also do plastic ones, both transparent and white in different types of plastic. (not vinyl)

I'm wondering if anybody has used any, if so what level of success, another problem with the paper ones is having to cut out windows, which is why the clear plastic caught my eye. Having tried printing transfers, the clear ones have to be mounted on a white background for lighter colours to show properly, is that also a problem with clear plastic? 

With the smallest pack 25 sheets at 22.80 it's a bit of a gamble, it wouldn't be so bad on etched brass, you can paint that white and all's well, but sticking over a clear plastic shell may not work as well.
Cheers MIKE

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Online javlinfaw7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23283
    • Awards
Re: Labels
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 05:51:12 pm »
it would work exactly the same way as tranfers as the background would show through , when printing most printers assume the background is white ,there for no white ink.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here